Rear speaker recommendation to match RTi A5

Options
Currently I have 2 Polk Audio RTi A5 as front, Polk CS350-LS as center and 2 Polk FXiA4 as rear. I'm looking to replace FXiA4 with 2 tower speakers as rear. I also have 2 subwoofers (SVS 12" and Velodyne 15"). Any recommendations?

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• eclipsed
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Yes, I saw that about a week ago. It says "refurbished". Any other recommendations? Polk site has S60 on sale for $249. Will S60 work with Rti A5?
  • F1nut
    Options
    Why don't you keep what you've got as the rears don't do much anyway.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    What kind of power are you running? What cabling? What sources? Maybe money would be better spent upgrading other than speakers?
  • eclipsed
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    What kind of power are you running? What cabling? What sources? Maybe money would be better spent upgrading other than speakers?

Denon AVR-3808CI (130 watt x 7 @ 8 ohms). Monster XP 12 and 14 gauge speaker cables. My current system sounds great for movies but when I play 5.1 music using OPPO BDP-103, rear channels don't sound that great. It sounds better when I switch RTi A5 to the rear.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Music should be played in 2 channel only and get rid of that crappy speaker cable.

President of Club Polk

• eclipsed
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Music should be played in 2 channel only and get rid of that crappy speaker cable.

Yes but I like quad and 5.1 blu-ray audio and dvd-audio music (I just got the new mix of Pink Floyd's Animals 5.1 blu-ray). Anyway, I'd like to know if any of the current Polk tower will match Rti A5. If not, I might get 2 more A5s from the link above.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Will not match.

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Get the A5's be done. I get it, I had a pretty good HT-Mulit-Channel set up. I did mine with a 6.2 set up. I used some JBL HLS610's and two subs. Mean while my 2channel stereo was in another room. 😉
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I recommend against the S60s. Mixing speakers from a different series though the same brand is a bad idea.

Is your Center from the LS series?

BTW what’s your room dimensions? Is it part of open floor plan or a separate or compartmentalizations?
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • eclipsed
    Options
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    I recommend against the S60s. Mixing speakers from a different series though the same brand is a bad idea.

Is your Center from the LS series? It's CS350-LS. Not sure what series

BTW what’s your room dimensions? Is it part of open floor plan or a separate or compartmentalizations?

Is your Center from the LS series?

--- It's CS350-LS. Not sure what series but bought around 1998-99 along with 2 RT16 as front. I replaced RT16 with Rti A5 several years later after one of the RT16 drivers got damaged during a move.

--- Room is 15'x20', part of a walk out basement with right and back sides partially open.

Btw, when I called Polk Audio customer service which is outsourced who knows where, they told be that both S60 or ES60 are timbre matched to RTi A5. I think they were just trying to sell me something w/o much knowledge.
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Options
    eclipsed wrote: »
    ”…they told be that both S60 or ES60 are timbre matched to RTi A5. I think they were just trying to sell me something w/o much knowledge.
    ”timber match” seems unlikely given the two series use different drivers, etc thus…

“they were just trying to sell me something w/o much knowledge.” Iikely much closer to the truth.

Tony
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • eclipsed
    Options
    Bought the last 2 RTi A5s from https://www.accessories4less.com. They were $199 each refurbished but looks brand new and working great with my other A5s in the front. I'm loving all my quad and 5.1 music.

Thanks everyone who responded.