Need advice for Positioning My Reserve R200 & R400 in my room

I got the R200 + R400 for my HT recently, it is paired with Denon x3700h in 5.1.2 setup
The front stage (R200 & R400) is crossed over at 80 hz.

I wanted to know how close can I place them to the front wall if they are crossed at 80hz as I heard that lower frequencies bounce off the back of the speaker more.

Also when the R200 are towed in directly toward the Listening position I find the sound a bit bright, If i tow them out 10-20 degree off axis the brightness goes away, but I wanted to know will that make me lose dynamics / transparency at my listening position.

I'm still a noob at this HT journey that I have started recently, any advice will be appreciated. Thank you

Answers

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I would get a good amp for your pre-outs as those R-200’s didn’t sound the greatest when I had them off just a receiver and I just had them running stereo not running five channels. They respond to good power.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    There is no specific formula for what will sound best to an owner in a specific space. Generally speaking the main speakers will sound best with the tweeters at ear height from a seated position. The primary seated position should be approximately at the point of an equilateral triangle from the speakers. Distance to any wall should be as much as possible to prevent unwanted interactions. Toe in angle depends on what sounds best to the owner. That may or may not change as the speakers break in.
  • sandip
    sandip Posts: 5
    dromunds wrote: »
    I would get a good amp for your pre-outs as those R-200’s didn’t sound the greatest when I had them off just a receiver and I just had them running stereo not running five channels. They respond to good power.

I was looking at Emotiva bassx A3 to power the front stage. Does it have enough juice to power the 200+400
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    The Emotiva amp would help the whole system.