i have the opportuniy to buy a set of polk audio monitor 50 speakers.

Options
the model number on the speakers is AM502547986. i would like to know how old the speakers are and if they will sound good with my yamaha av rx-v1065 receiver. i am new to the whole home theater arena. the speakers appear to be in excellent condition in the photos the seller provided. the asking price is $85 for the pair. any info will be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum! I found this from Crutchfield's web site:

gxh3uaz5senn.png
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    chadbx67 wrote: »
    the model number on the speakers is AM502547986. i would like to know how old the speakers are and if they will sound good with my yamaha av rx-v1065 receiver. i am new to the whole home theater arena. the speakers appear to be in excellent condition in the photos the seller provided. the asking price is $85 for the pair. any info will be greatly appreciated.

They were made in the mid to late aughties. My first pair was the monitor 30s, smallest of that line. Got me hooked on Polk and hifi! Your receiver should sound fine with them. Hard to beat for 85 bucks, but lots of better speakers out there.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    chadbx67 wrote: »
    I think what you're calling a model number is really a serial number, but nonetheless, those should sound quite nice...down to 57Hz. A subwoofer might be in order to fill-out the bottom-end.

Welcome to the chase.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon