Aftermarket/upgraded LPS DC umbilical cables

2»

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    He finally replied earlier today and said: "Delivering to you on Saturday - please forgive the delayed update."

I just checked the tracking # that was created back on 8/30 and it now shows the following:
    qe4g5z3ch0mj.png

So my emails got him to make it/drop it off I guess? What would have happened if I just never emailed asking for a status update?

Why does it take a full 30 days from paying until the time the cable ships? If this is business as usual then tell customers up front that build time is 30 days.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    I told you he's known for slow delivery times. I'm not making excuses for him, but he is a one man operation. Anyway, you'll forget all about that once you hear the cable.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Awesome he finally got back to you. Remember to let them settle in before passing judgment. In my experience from past cables, even used or burned in, for some reason they all just take a little bit of time to settle in to sound their best on a system.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    I don't think the lead time is the problem.

The problem is setting expectations and communication.

He does make a great product though
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • I guess this falls in the category of, some things are worth the wait. At least I hope so.
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    In this particular case? I haven't heard of one report to where it wasn't worth the wait.

(Yet)

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    @Clipdat did you have a chance to get then burned in?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Yeah man, we're waiting.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    I only got a chance to try it once before I went out of town. Will log some more time with it when I return!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    I’m late to the party here, but this is on his website, the irritating part is no communication when you email him. Been there done that. Glad you got your cable, looking forward to your thoughts..

a6gb2piun80s.jpeg