Queen Elizabeth II has passed....

Options
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    Interesting they haven't posted at BBC yet: https://www.bbc.com/news Probably just a matter of time, but seems that MSN article is a little premature.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,280
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Watching the news now and it appears she hasn't passed yet.
    Family is gathering at Balmoral Castle now.
    Sal Palooza
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    New motto at MSN - Why be correct when you can be first?
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/queen-elizabeth-live-updates-royal-family-gathers-by-her-side-at-balmoral-castle/ar-AA11BJhj?li=BBnb7Kz

Agree, although it appears to be just a matter of time. All family seems to be coming or in place. The news earlier said she has degraded quickly.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Just announced, she has passed.

🇬🇧👑✝️
    Sal Palooza
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,975
    Options
    Heard about the family gathering this morning, kinda knew it was time. She had a good life and was respected by many.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    RIP

on a lighter side . . . The Smiths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eubgWMwSD0k
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    polrbehr wrote: »
    New motto at MSN - Why be correct when you can be first?

That seems to be media 101 in our time at the present
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    RIP
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    RIP, She'll be missed.

She was a class act, many could learn from her.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    Options
    The US has been a nation for (give or take) 246 years.
    Good Queen Bess was Queen of England for 70 of those years.

70/246 => 28.5% of our nation's history

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    Options
    She liked to drive Land Rovers (and Range Rovers), too.

m8eligq2uvu8.png
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,962
    Options
    Queen over the Commonwealth for 70 years. Take a moment to think about the history she witnessed in her lifetime.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    89fuix8oel7i.png

Class.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    ^^^And the history she MADE over her lifetime. An extraordinary woman.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    God took the Queen, may her soul rest in peace.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    vipcq86ssl14.jpg

8-Bit Queen
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    cntlclgyifaa.jpg

With her first dog
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Did you guys know she owned a McDonalds franchise?

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    Which one?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    Options

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    xbj1kb5en79l.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Just watched the 96-gun salute to Queen Elizabeth, one for each year of her life
    Many countries around thw world participated.
    Impressive

🇬🇧👑

https://www.themandarin.com.au/199502-details-of-96-gun-salute-for-queen-elizabeth-ii-released/
    Sal Palooza
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    Just watched the 96-gun salute to Queen Elizabeth, one for each year of her life
    Many countries around thw world participated.
    Impressive

🇬🇧👑

https://www.themandarin.com.au/199502-details-of-96-gun-salute-for-queen-elizabeth-ii-released/

They must spell de fence differently across the pond...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    What an incredible Woman. God Speed and God Bless.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    She liked to drive Land Rovers (and Range Rovers), too.

m8eligq2uvu8.png

My wife calls them Rove Rangers. :D

Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Not sure if this is true, but if so, flags will be flown at half mast in the 🇺🇸 for over a week! 😳

4ahx763ptysq.jpeg
    Alea jacta est!
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Given her remarkable solidarity shown by her towards the People or the United States after the events of 9/11, I agree that our flag should honor her passing. The flag flown over the Capitol at the time of her passing should also be gifted to King Charles III…