Polk RT1000i

Options
Mike64
Mike64 Posts: 3
edited September 2022 in Vintage Speakers
Are there any Polk RT1000i still owners out there? I recently acquired a free pair of 22 year old Polk RT1000i tower of power speakers. I am hoping to bring them back to life and use them in my home office. Cosmetically they are 8-9 out of 10. Sadly, there are electronic some issues. The tweeter was blown in one and the sub was not working in the other. I have ordered a replacement tweeter and the sub amp has some blown caps that will need to be replaced. The tower that has the good sub amp works great but my only issue is in auto mode the green power light in the front of the speakers stays on all the time. Is this normal? I managed to find the owners manual online but it is not clear on this. According to the manual in auto mode the amp will shut off after a few minutes when a signal is not detected.

Comments

• SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    "The tower that has the good sub amp works great but my only issue is in auto mode the green power light in the front of the speakers stays on all the time. Is this normal?"

Yes, it is. At the time the speaker was introduced European regulations required that any device that was powered have an indication that the power cord was plugged in to an outlet. Hence the LED.
    Enjoy your speakers.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,971
    Options
    "The tower that has the good sub amp works great but my only issue is in auto mode the green power light in the front of the speakers stays on all the time. Is this normal?"

Yes, it is. At the time the speaker was introduced European regulations required that any device that was powered have an indication that the power cord was plugged in to an outlet. Hence the LED.
    Enjoy your speakers.

now that's what I call some useful but hard to find information!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Mike64
    Options

Enjoy your speakers.

Thank you for the info.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    You're welcome, enjoy your speakers!