I heard a rumor that Polk is readying an update to the Legend Series

Clipdat
Clipdat Posts: 12,560
But then the thread was nuked because they didn't want to let the cat out of the bag.

Thoughts?
2xkf4g2tcmbq.png
xthcbaiqsayd.png

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,969
    That would be fast for Polk
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Maybe they'll update the stamped-steel baskets.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Maybe they'll offer a vinyl finished version and name them Legendary Reserve.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Finish updates and perhaps a crossover tweak for the new ribbon tweeters that are on the way.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • xschop wrote: »
    Maybe they'll update the stamped-steel baskets.

Or they will be foaming the insides of the baskets :D
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    a crossover tweak for the new ribbon tweeters that are on the way.

A guy can dream right? I'd be interested.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    ... time for electrostatics?
  • Clipdat
    It'll be a "Vintage Legend" type release - modern versions of classic Polk speakers like the Monitor 5, Monitor 10, etc.

You heard it here first!
  • nooshinjohn
    Crossovers by Trey.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Yup, letting the cat out of the bag is easier than putting it back in... Maybe they'll switch the power ports to the newer style.
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • nooshinjohn
    I wonder if any updates will be able to be retroactively applied to earlier versions or not...

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    smglbrth wrote: »
    Maybe they'll switch the power ports to the newer style.
    Yep

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Now available in white.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    msg wrote: »
    Now available in white pastel black.
    The Nigel Tufnel Signature version*.
    Mark.
    My.
    Words.

B)

_______
    * Yeah, it's a minispeaker (like Stonehenge) -- but it goes to eleven. :|

4e4udxmnlzz3.png

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Now available in white.

I'm thinking Ferrari Red or Gaulois Blue for the other than US markets.

:#
  • msg
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Now available in white pastel black.
    The Nigel Tufnel Signature version*.
    Mark.
    My.
    Words.

B)

_______
    * Yeah, it's a minispeaker (like Stonehenge) -- but it goes to eleven. :|

4e4udxmnlzz3.png

"Go Nigel, Go!"
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Now available in white.

I'm thinking Ferrari Red or Gaulois Blue for the other than US markets.

:#

Seems so weird to name a color after cigarettes in this day and age. ;)
    50dfp9yddkfl.png

Heck, in the US, in 2022, the way things are in so many states... maybe Panama Red is the way to go!

https://youtu.be/X7mZnJDDg0M
  • Clipdat
    "I'd have to be pretty high!"
    "I bet you would, panama red!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxJvnJyF7xA
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    I suggested to their marketing guy Carl Jacobson that they bring LSiM sexy back either in the Legend or Reserve series reboot.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    Clipdat wrote: »
    It'll be a "Vintage Legend" type release - modern versions of classic Polk speakers like the Monitor 5, Monitor 10, etc.

You heard it here first!

Make that "Signature Reference Vintage Legend Series L800A" for the big boys for now. When they upgrade the tweeters to the ribbons it will be "Signature Reference Vintage Legend Series L800B".

It reminds me of my mom's "Oldsmobile Delta-88 LS Royale Brougham".
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • msg
    WLDock wrote: »
    I suggested to their marketing guy Carl Jacobson that they bring LSiM sexy back either in the Legend or Reserve series reboot.

I do agree that the 703 sure beats the L200 in style. Beautiful lines. That was my first "serious" music-first speaker.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    skrol wrote: »

You heard it here first!

Make that "Signature Reference Vintage Legend Series L800A" for the big boys for now. When they upgrade the tweeters to the ribbons it will be "Signature Reference Vintage Legend Series L800B".

There'll be an i somewhere in the model number -- for utterly no apparent reason. B)
  • nooshinjohn
    edited September 2022
    It will work with Alexa for no reason as well...

"Hey Siri, play something by The Eagles for me."
    "My name is Alexa. Who the hell is Siri..."
    "Never mind, just play the music."
    "No! Not until you tell me who Siri is!"
    "Just play Hotel California."
    "You took Siri to a Hotel in California? You're cheating on me, aren't you!"

• skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    … and will include a sound bar version in the lineup.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited September 2022
    … and will include a sound bar version in the lineup.

Ughh...we've seen that movie
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230

You heard it here first!

Y'all say what you will.....It'll still identify as a Prius.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~