Monitor 4 with Triforce tweeters

Options
kevinko
kevinko Posts: 165
edited September 2022 in Vintage Speakers
I'm putting together a simple setup for my bedroom and there's a million of these floating around eBay. How are the Triforce tweeters? Bad enough that I should look elsewhere or still better than anything new I could find today?

Comments

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    edited September 2022
    Options
    First of all everyone's ears are different. I bought n sold speakers for a few years & I came across some of the non soft dome tweeters & to me they didn't sound too bad for what they are... Depends on your budget. Keep in mind the age & factor that VS new. Good luck on your decision
    Randy/Maine
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    Not bad at all IMO. Beat them with new at ~ $100? Forget about it.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    What are Triforce tweeters?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • kevinko
    kevinko Posts: 165
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    What are Triforce tweeters?

The post-Peerless Monitor 4 tweeters. I don't know the proper name for them but I've seen them referred to in this way on this forum. I believe another member made it up.

retaz4bt1w3o.jpg
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    Thank you.

I've heard a pr. of monitor 4 with these tweeters and they sounded pretty darn good. It was a very large trift shop's warehouse size back room too. Many vendors were set-up back there. The speakers were not for sale. :D

I guess the owner liked having them play all day behind the smaller front room.

I'd bet they are still playing today. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    edited September 2022
    Options
    That was me. Video games is my biggest hobby and they resemble something from Zelda called the triforce just upside down. I didn't think other people were going to start calling them that though.

ddigihg13q8m.png
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    Let's call them braided.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk