WTB: PS Audio Dectet

Options
msg
msg Posts: 9,450
edited September 2022 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
If anyone has a spare/unused PS Audio Dectet lying around and open to parting with, I'm looking for one, please.

Would also open to recommendations for similar caliber/cost in Shunyata or similar.

Loosely Ideal:
  1. 5 receptacle, 10 outlet
  2. DC trigger a plus

Thanks in advance.
I disabled signatures.
Post edited by msg on

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,602
    Options
  • msg
    Options
    Aht, good question. Meant to put that in there. Thinking around $250 to $300-ish.

Saw an older PS Audio Quintet I'm talking to a dude about for $180, but seems I'd rather pay around $130 for one of those. A Dectet went for $220 back in June or something.

I'll be using a B&K AVR 507 at the heart of this little system.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    That's right up there with the Monza Exhaust Tip +15HP!
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Options
  • msg
    Options
    That AudioQuest one looks handy, though I bet it would tip.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Yeah. Plastic enclosure unfortunately, probably not too heavy.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    You might consider a Chang Lightspeed. There is a CLS-6400 and a CLS-6600 on eBay right now. They only have 6 outlets and 8 outlets, respectively, but they are in your price range. There are a couple of 9900 on there as well, but they only have 4 outlets.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • msg
    Options
    Interesting, Jody. I've never heard of that brand. Have you used them before?
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Considering that Quintet just to get it done. I noticed a difference when I put a Dectet in the br system, but the Quintet is older and I have no experience with them at all. Anyone able to comment?

Actually, nevermind that - just as long as it's not worse. I doubt my gf will notice, but she's actually developing her ear, since I've been showcasing changes and pointing things out to her about why I spend and replace some things from time to time. I bet she'll notice if I put in a quality device and then replace it with a power strip later! lol
    I disabled signatures.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Yeah Scott, I currently have two Chang Lightspeed units for side system purposes. They call them 'filters' instead of conditioners, and don't use inductive coils like many other brands do. Coils can be current limiters.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • msg
    Options
    Missed the Quintet.

I'll take a closer look at those CL units, Jody, thanks. Frankly, I don't really know much about any of them.

In the meantime, gf's getting a nice Belkin, lol, or maybe a UPC-200 for the important stuff. I have to check my stash.

Still looking for a Dectet or Quintet as well.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »
    msg wrote: »
    Yeah Scott, I currently have two Chang Lightspeed units for side system purposes. They call them 'filters' instead of conditioners, and don't use inductive coils like many other brands do. Coils can be current limiters.
    I think that is the important bit - I've read a lot of the guys post on the board about power centers and such limiting current.

I disabled signatures.