Lower woofers 70 series monitor speakers are barely audible

Options
What to do when my 70 series monitor speakers seem to have only the top 2 woofers and tweeter moving? Lower woofers only come alive at high volume. Is it lack of power from my Yamaha htr 5835 AV receiver? Also just bought psw10 subwoofer to add. Suggestions on best wiring and set up. Was considering wiring surround speakers out of the subwoofer to free up power for 70 series monitors from the receiver. Please enlightened me. Thank you. -sonofarock

Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Options
    Did you run the calibration program? If so, are your speakers set to large or small?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    If the tweeter is moving, you have more issues than....

Please allow me to digress. The woofers usually only come alive when pressed hard during busy passages of music. This is normal. They will not be moving (visibly) all of the time.

Do not run the surrounds out of the subwoofer.

It seems to me (and I am NOT being degrading or insulting here...) that you have much to learn. The guys here can help you more than you know.

The definition of what is what is what we need to define first. Your tweeter is the smallest of drivers. If that's moving? You have some major issues. If not, please try to explain again what is going on with your rig/speakers so you can help us to help you.

Thanks and welcome to Club Polk.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options
    But he said the 2 LOWER woofers only come alive when played loud.....

He also said, LOWER woofers are BARELY AUDIBLE......

Not ALL 4, just the 2 lower.......
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I repeat...
    treitz3 wrote: »
    The definition of what is what is what we need to define first. Your tweeter is the smallest of drivers. If that's moving? You have some major issues. If not, please try to explain again what is going on with your rig/speakers so you can help us to help you.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options
    I repeat...

Tom

Tom, sorry if I sounded like I was disagreeing with you, not my intention. Was perplexed MORE at his description!