Polk Signature S30 Scratch on Tweeter

xtes
xtes Posts: 2
Guess I’m having bad luck but ordered new drivers and a new tweeter since the old tweeter had its second magnet glued on incorrectly and came off which to my belief was messing up the other drivers (sometimes hearing unnecessary noises). Anyways, both drivers came perfectly and the new tweeter came and finally had the time to install them (don’t mind the color that Polk sent and I think it looks cooler now), but the new tweeter came with a scratch. Hooked it up and both drivers sound good but since my original tweeter was messed up since the beginning I can’t tell how much of an improvement the new tweeter is, other than the fact that this time the second magnet is glued correctly on the new tweeter. How much will this scratch affect sound? Here are the images…
3e8iqi0dc2sk.jpeg
ta84go4abg1b.jpeg
yjcfldvpb3bc.jpeg

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    It shouldn't affect sound at all.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    I don't think that minor scratch will have any affect on the sound.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• xtes
    xtes Posts: 2
    Thank you pitdogg2 and F1nut, I was getting worried by looking at other forums/reddit from other speakers where people said it might. Then again, those speakers had their tweeters dented in addition to having marks on them. Thank you again, definitely will go watch some movies calmly now.