House at the beginning of my street but across the main street just burnt up pretty bad.

Options
Tony M
Tony M Posts: 11,019
edited August 2022 in The Clubhouse
I think it started with an electrical short that made all our lights on my street blink once but HARD. I've been here for over 30 years and know blinks. This was different.

Well, I went out to water my yard and in about 10 to 15 minutes, I noticed a smell. My neighbor Tony came out to walk his dog a couple of minutes later and in about a minute or two, we both smelled something like it was electrical wiring. We thought it was a car that caught on fire at the end of our street just out of sight. The smoke got worse and worse and the sirens started getting louder and a ton was on the way.

Within minutes, there were 5 firetrucks on my street and the main street hooking up hoses to hydrants.

We heard a woman and her daughter and dog got out ok.

It was an old house and it has been neglected a little in the past few years. Somebody was fixing it back up in the past month or two though. Somebody had also just gutted two houses to the left of this one big-time. They were vacant for years and overgrown yards from hell.

So I'm sure the house that caught on fire is badly burned BUT the roof is intact so maybe it can still be salvaged. The fire departments were FAST and on the scene in minutes.

It's amazing how many neighbors came out to witness the horror of it.

Thank God for fire-fighters!

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.

Comments

• la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    Options
    I bet it was caused by charging an EV. :D
  • Tony M
    Options
    Maybe.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,834
    Options
    I knew by the title alone this was a TonyM thread.

I'm glad no one was injured.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    Options
    Aaah, but he's our Tony...
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    Actually, I heard Wes Craven almost named his movie... "The Last House On The Left, But Across The Main Street"

lw80zcx1gaqk.jpg
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    LHOTL is on Tubi

Watch Last House on the Left on Tubi: https://link.tubi.tv/ZgcSeOPYmsb

Supposedly based upona true story.

...there's no proof that Tony M was involved.......😳
    Sal Palooza
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,386
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    I bet it was caused by charging an EV. :D

Not saying that it was....but it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Seeing that Tony described the neighborhood as......well, not so "uppity"? I doubt it. Then again? He could be describing exactly what to look for in case it happened to a location near you.

As always, time will tell. It's all smoke, mirrors and speculation until then.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,720
    Options
    Plugged in that description and crashed Google maps.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 675
    Options
    What a nightmare for the family that lost their home. I'm glad that they got out safely.
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,481
    edited August 2022
    Options
    xschop wrote: »
    And then...
    wc84n2rrhlxq.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,342
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    xschop wrote: »
    And then...
    wc84n2rrhlxq.jpg

The world’s biggest Jiffy Pop…;-)
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• msg
    Options
    Have you guys seen this philum?
    livefakz9fo1.jpg

I disabled signatures.
  • Tony M
    edited August 2022
    Options
    A house in sight of me caught fire as I was watering my yard. Better? :)

Most of the fire was in the rear of the house. The firefighters kept the fire from engulfing the roof at all. Amazing response time to put the fire out pretty fast.

Anybody leaving my dead-end street has this awful sight to look at as we stop at the main street. :#

9sp6vomeh5yw.jpg

zzszmu32t72z.jpg

q45cing4kz1o.jpg

2sln7gwtcpj9.jpg

9xsjnp4qlzya.jpg

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Wow that's crazy Tony to witness it in real time! Glad everyone is ok!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I'm always afraid of losing everything in a house fire or a hurricane tornado. I heard the "TRAIN ROLLING ON THE GROUND" sound during one Hurricane. A GIANT tornado tore through a neighborhood along a water sound inlet just 2 miles from us. Giant Pines were snapped like branches. Many homes were trashed by flying Pines. Hurricanes are no joke!

To smell the house fire in real-time was a smell sense experience. There was that electrical wire burning smell at first. The breeze was blowing JUST toward my house instead of down my street. The tannish/caucasian smoke slowly filled the back yards on my side of my street. We didn't see the flames but saw the smoke before the firemen/women showed up. Then the smoke got THICK as they put out the fire that was mainly in the back of the house.

That smoke smell permiated my clothes and back porch too. Our back porch is a screened porch this year. One little fan keeps the air moving all day and into the night. The smoke went right through the porch.

We thought it was a car fire for 5 min. or so at first. :#
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    Options
    Hate that toxic electrical fire smoke smell.
  • msg
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Hate that toxic electrical fire smoke smell.
    But you love the smell of WireWorld cables.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    Options
    Never again will I have a Wireworld product in this household.
  • Tony M
    Options
    I have these older JBL speakers whose woofers are RANK smelling. Something is deteriorating in a bad way with the surrounds I think. Repulsive! :s
    t274x5hb7o7o.png
  • xschop
    Options
    Did they ever find the cause of the fumigation?
  • Tony M
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I haven't researched it.

JBL HLS620 Tower Speakers.

I might as well look on the web for any other complaints about the stinch.

Nope, nothing on the web that I could find. :|
  • xschop
    Options
    Hopefully not another blue Mini Cooper that projectiled into the garage.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,456
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Never again will I have a Wireworld product in this household.

I have some I'd like you to review please.

:D
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,616
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    I haven't researched it.

JBL HLS620 Tower Speakers.

I might as well look on the web for any other complaints about the stinch.

Nope, nothing on the web that I could find. :|

The HLS series were damn fine speakers. Whatever you do, DO NOT use Windex to clean the drivers. It'll eat them up badly.
    Ask me how I know......
  • Tony M
    Options
    I just might've used Windex on them years ago when I was cleaning my RTi12's woofers center caps' white stains.

:s:'(