Dealer shout out: Ember Audio and Design - Winston Salem NC

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,020
So I have been in this hobby since I was 13... I have been to a fair share of audio dealers and have never had the experience i have today. Most dealers dont really want to deal with you unless you are spending money and their demo rooms are sub par at best.

This store has been in this location almost 4 years, picked up Wilson Audio a year ago and they balance interior design and audio (getting the family involved, smart!).

Chris the owner is super knowledgeable and his 2 channel room is incredibly well thought out and built. The room was built from the slab up with dedicated electrical, acoustically treated, all with sound as the end goal. I was very impressed in the sound of the Dali speakers that were setup, easily the best dealer demo I have had.

He had a few Wilson products on hand and I will swing thru in the future to catch a pair in the demo space.

Check these guys out and if you are in the area, you owe it to yourself to stop in and listen. I was there 90 minutes and never once felt an ounce of pressure to buy anything what so ever, extremely friendly. I put in a request for some Wilson audio stuff on the Duettes, will follow up in the future on the experience.

Check them out!

https://www.emberaudiodesign.com/
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    You heard Dali speakers that sounded good? Damn, that must've been some room.
  • VR3
    Options
    I've heard Dali on a few occasions and have always been impressed for the dollar overall. A little bright and sterile for my taste but overall not a bad presentation at all.

9fjeonh0a761.jpg
    m7auysjydxby.jpg
    cbs41oopseng.jpg
    0v7m6juie77y.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    That's a pretty big room, they could fit some Utopias in there!
  • VR3
    Options
    yeah, they have the room tuned extremely well for bass... I was pretty taken aback by the bass of those Dali in that room. He showed me some of the things they did to balance the bass thru room treatments, very impressed.

I would definitely hire them to treat/design a dedicated space if I was ever so fortunate in the future
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    That's a pretty big room, they could fit some Utopias in there!

I like it. The dealer can scale up to pretty much any speaker in that space or add a couple or three subwoofers too. Could even do an array of Rel subwoofers to the sides of the mains.

:)
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    Trey would need 5 subs, stacked one on top of each other, floor to ceiling and a stack for each corner of the room. Only then would he be happy. (maybe)

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    Options
    .... says the guy with 4 x 15" and 4 x 8" bass drivers........ :-p
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    As the late, great GG used to say, "There is no replacement for displacement".

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    Options
    no doubt about that!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Toms all about that bass….. no treble
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    Those Chario speakers are visually stunning.

Got to hear them at a local dealer (Music For Pleasure); however, I preferred the Dynaudio Contours for sonics.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • VR3
    Options
    Found more dealers I will check out soon!!

https://www.bigkidstoysav.com/

A magico and audio research dealer - greensboro nc

https://www.customhomehifi.com/ - winston salem, focal and prima luna dealer

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    There is no substitute for radiating surface area and a man's amp. - El Grande (RIP)

Hmmmmmm.....we might have to have a field trip!!!
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut