Belkin Pure AV AP21100-12 (Issues)

Options
tophatjohnny
tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
edited August 2022 in Electronics
I have been using this in my living room set up for quite some time (bought it here in the market) and just a little over a week ago I came out of the kitchen and realized my tv was off and the Marantz was off. Marantz 8802a wouldn't turn back on. It's in the shop and the digital HDMI board took a dump. Not a cheap fix but what to do? Anyway, I noticed only the first four of the outlets on the back of the Belkin labeled (Always on) are working and the remaining 6 outlets 4 of which are Audio fliter outlets and 2 for high current are all not working? Is this sounding like time to put the Belkin in the trash or am I missing something as mabe an easy fix? I pushed the rest button in to no avail? That and is it safe to continue using this as a power strip for say, TV Cable Boxes and DVD player? When the Marantz comes back I will plug is straight into a 20 amp outlet along with my Power Amp. Looking to see if anyone here understands my post and can advise which way to go. Eventually I'll pick up another nice power conditiner but at the moment I'm getting blasted with

one thing after the other, lawn mower, stove, Marantz sure adds up I'm sure we all get that!! Thanks in advance and hope all are doing better than me!!

"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
Post edited by tophatjohnny on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Had a lightning strike around your house recently?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    edited August 2022
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Had a lightning strike around your house recently?

Yes but or and I have a whole house surge protector?? And would a lightning strike knock one piece of gear out and not the amp??
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    I had lightning take out the stuff on the top of the outlet and leave the stuff that plugged into the bottom of the outlet alone lightning is strange stuff. For the record, I had no surge anything and the brass outlet strip was intact.