Delta Faucets for remodel.

Options
Toolfan66
Toolfan66 Posts: 16,945
edited July 2022 in The Clubhouse
Any reason to not use Delta hardware for my bathroom remodel?

What i like about what i found is all the fixtures match, tub, shower, and sinks. I wish i could physically see them, but can send them back, it’s free shipping…

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,342
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I’ve used Delta quite a bit over the years, and have always been happy. I would not hesitate to buy them.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,377
    Options
    Same here. Delta or Moen in my house. No issues other than having to replace faucet cartridges after ten years or so which is cheap and easy to DIY.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,617
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Same here. Delta or Moen in my house. No issues other than having to replace faucet cartridges after ten years or so which is cheap and easy to DIY.

Agree. I have had more Moen faucets over the years just because our area is more rich in Moen replacement part availability vs Delta. That being said if I liked a Delta better it's coming home with no hesitation.
  • Toolfan66
    Options
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,019
    edited July 2022
    Options
    If they match, go for it.

I like Price-Pfister too.

Funny that my neighbor Tony and I had a talk a couple of days ago about him replacing a woman's faucets in a few locations Wed. . He had a tough time removing the old ones of course but what he didn't expect was the different kind of hook-ups the new ones employ.

He got the jobs done after a trip to Lowe's to get something new to work with the new fittings he faced.

Good luck replacing your faucet.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,070
    edited July 2022
    Options
    We used at least some Delta faucets in "house 3.2" for the bathroom remodels (late 1990s) and we were plenty happy with them.
    I will admit that I like Kohler products, and we spec'd Kohler faucets and fittings for the NH house ("house 4.0", built mostly in 2011-2012), FWIW.

I will say that it's my understanding that Kohler, and (I'm speculating) most of the "big names" in faucets & fixtures have multiple product lines (not just designs/styles). The stuff sold in the big box stores tends to be cheaper in all senses of the word than their good lines.

Again, this is my "understanding" :#

• Toolfan66
    Options
    Our remodel is a full gut, I have new water lines installed, I got the new shower pan installed, I didn’t want to do a tile floor for the shower, we went with a Dreamline Black Shower pan, and a Black Drop In Jacuzzi Tub, the tub is installed as well, just need to install the faucet when I get it. Working on the walls now..
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,377
    edited July 2022
    Options
    It is a good idea to compare price/quality for things at a plumbing supply store vs online vs Home Depot or Lowe’s.

Sometimes the big box versions that may look similar may have thinner metals, coatings that are cheaper, or more plastic parts. Or there may be no differences. Factory owners in China are experts at shaving 5 percent off quality here and there to save on production costs to meet a wholesale price point.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,089
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I installed the delta fuse faucet in my kitchen about 6 years ago, was around $350

It literally runs as it did when new and the finish looks as new.

The sprayer head is brass versus plastic

Well worth the investment

https://www.deltafaucet.com/kitchen/product/9158-SB-DST.html
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,019
    Options
    That's a beautifully designed faucet. B)

Never saw that design before, but I haven't searched for a kitchen faucet in 20 years.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,915
    Options
    I've used Delta products for decades and have been very pleased with them. They also stand behind their products as far as warranty issues.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,456
    Options
    Kohler is my first choice when doing remodels but Delta has a great selection.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,070
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Our remodel is a full gut...
    Apropos of nothing: We did that with both upstairs (full) bathrooms in House 3.1 (the rev which resulted, of course, being House 3.2 :D) -- both at the same time.
    Well, there must have been at least a little offset, since there weren't any other bathtubs or showers in the house than in the two baths that were redone. :p
    Either that or I am suppressing bad memories ;)

• Toolfan66
    Options
    Everything is supposed to be here tomorrow, I will update the quality we I get them..
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,386
    Options
    Check the finish of each piece side by side. IME, "Oil Rubbed Bronze" comes in a vast array of shades, darknesses, bronze tint and some are even sanded to "appear" like ORB (they look nothing like ORB, TBH).

Brushed nickle is a little better at being able to match but the same thing happens. There are a plethora of different tints and shades of BN as well. It sure would be nice if there were a "standard" but with cheap look alikes being abundant? I doubt that will ever happen.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Used Delta when I replumbed our house. Really like the shower rough in bodies.
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Everything is here, and looks great.

The shower rough in bodies will be easy to install. Drilling into the deck of our drop in tub has me a little nervous though, I will have to make a support for the valve bodies underneath it as well..
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Go to a plumbing supply store and get the cartridges that you can break down and clean the multiple mesh layers to remove any sediment. My HOA covers water, so I removed the flow restrictor and basically exfoliate with every hand wash......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Sorry I'm so late to this. Just finally catching up with life after a more than hectic July. Honestly, Delta, Moen and Gerber are the only brands I use anymore.

Gerber will outlast you.

Moen stands behind their warranty 100%, no matter how old.

Delta stands by their warranty too and I only ever needed it once and that was on a faucet that was several decades old and it failed because of improper installation.

The only other faucet I've ever bought that wasn't branded one of the three was from Danze but they are owned my Gerber anyway so it's still a Gerber.

Also, Delta, Moen, Kholer, Pfister and a couple others have lines of products sold in big box stores and lines of products sold by plumbers, remodelers etc. This was confirmed by a plumber who showed me the differences. For instance, Moen uses cartridge valves in many of their bathroom faucets. There's often similarly styled faucets with different part numbers. When you look at the parts list for those different part numbers, they will all be different too.

So, like part number 66586 might be a Kingston series faucet and when you search on that number it only comes up at Homeless Despot, BLowe's or True Valueless or something. The other part number might be 45686 and you won't see that part number on any of the big box stores' inventory but it will be at a number of supply houses and wholesaler sites. 66586 might cost $250 at BLowe's and 45686 might cost $489 at Jerry's Plumbing Supply. There's a reason.

When you look at the cartridge valves for that faucet, you'll see that 66586 uses valve part number 112-4 and 45686 uses valve number 312-06. 112-4 costs about $35 and 312-06 costs about $60.

When you put 112-4 next to 312-06, you might notice that 112-4 is mostly nylon and rubber and 312-06 might still have a nylon body but the valve is made of brass and copper and the seals are all non-reactive neoprene. The difference is that 312-06 will last longer in more varied conditions than 112-4. It means less leaks over time, less degradation in finish and performance and longer life. Especially in places with hard water.

Does that mean that the big box store stuff is junk? Nope. Just means that it's built to a price point. It also means that you can get nice looking stuff for an affordable price and make yourself a space at home that looks like it cost 3 times as much as it did.

At the same time, though, if you have a house valued at $150K, you don't go putting in a $30K bathroom. There's no return on that and it will just end up jacking up your taxes if you live in an area where you have property taxes. You can make a gorgeous bathroom for $15K and use less extravagant but still attractive fixtures and finishes. The big box stores help make that happen.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,089
    Options
    I run the Kohler Rubicon series in the bathrooms and have been extremely pleased with no issues.

I apply stainless steel polish to all of my fixtures maybe once a month and the finish looks good as new
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,456
    Options
    The guy's currently working on my showers use only Delta. They say they are the best.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music