MIT discount site

I remember reading before about a fellow that has MIT cable's at discount. Any info would be appreciated.
Possibly looking for a 6' speaker cable run.
"2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited July 2022
    That's been hard to find. I was contemplating just looking into what I could upgrade my Shotgun's with. I haven't bought MIT's in a while. I forgot how expensive they are. MIT cables are fantastic. I have been looking at the Matrix line on used websites. Haven't come acrossed a discount MIT site.

The guy who used to have some MIT cables was Audio Nerd. It appears he only sells used now. Also Joe Abrams from Eqqius Audio (sp)

Following

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Replacing old Shotgun speaker cables and interconnects with MIT's latest somewhat upgraded products new would be crazy expensive compared to what I got my old cables for.

https://mitcables.com/heritage-series/

Joe Abrams has a few cables on his Audiogon store.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    Many years ago there was a dedicated MIT discount store that sold refurbished cables that were basically new cables but at half off. This had to be a decade ago now
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    VR3 wrote: »
    Many years ago there was a dedicated MIT discount store that sold refurbished cables that were basically new cables but at half off. This had to be a decade ago now

Yep I used to get emails of what they had in stock. It's been years since my last email
  • Emlyn
    I'm not sure how someone goes about buying MIT Cables new these days. Maybe direct from their website, but they only appear to have a handful of brick and mortar dealers listed in the US and no other online sales outlets I'm aware of. I guess their $120,000 a pair speaker interfaces may be delivered in a limo after a bank transfer.

:)
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    It seems as if MIT is a ghost of what it once was, but what do I know, I am not in the boat of purchasing 10k-100k+ cables, they may be doing just fine with catering to that crowd..

I have a great collection of shotguns that will not leave me anytime soon..
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    I agree that their prices have left the stratosphere
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Emlyn
    MIT and Kimber cables are the only brands of speaker and interconnect cables I've never sold onwards but all of the ones I have are ones I bought at steep discounts more than a decade ago. Most of the MIT cables came from Joe Abrams as demo models.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    I've been half assed tracking used MIT cables over the past 6 months or so. It's mostly very old or inexpensive products. eXp line or the older Terminator 4,5,6, etc. That weren't terribly expensive to begin with.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    My understanding could be wrong, but there was a huge shuffle within the company a while back and they redid everything. I am not certain if even the same ownership is involved.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson