FS: Furutech Alpha Series FS-a Speaker cables built By Douglas Connection - $300

Options
tratliff
tratliff Posts: 1,663
edited July 2022 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
For sale is a 10 foot pair of Furutech Alpha Series FS-a speaker cables. Both ends have Furutech FT-212(G) locking bananas. (Additional set is listed separately.)

These were built by Doug at Douglas Connections.

These are in excellent condition, sound great and have been in my system for the past couple of years.

Looking to sell for $300+shipping. Paypal FF.

***I also have Furutech Alpha RCAs and XLRs that will be listed later. If interested in those please PM me.

49uf5k971whk.jpg

ghgg9u8xyd1u.jpg

2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
Post edited by tratliff on

Comments

• tratliff
    Options
    Weekend bump.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • tratliff
    Options
    No interest. How about at $250.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    You guys realize that just the Furutech banana connectors these have cost more than the entire asking price, right? https://www.thecableco.com/ft-212-g-banana-set-of-4.html

And the wire these use is $414 for 3m/10ft. So $414 times two. https://www.thecableco.com/fs-alpha-36-speaker-cable.html

How are these still here?

• Clipdat
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Actually now I'm not sure what Furutech wire these use. @tratliff can you post a closer photo of the writing on the jacket of the wire?

Nevermind, I see it's these:
    x4de6tw822iz.png

https://acoustic-tech.com/shop/furutech/furutech-fs-alpha-occ-copper-speaker-wires/
  • tratliff
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @Clipdat Thanks for posting that link. This is exactly what they say on the side of them. 'FURUTECH ALPHA Series SPEAKER CABLE FS-a PCOCC Conductor'
  • Clipdat
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Yeah, thanks. Top notch wire. Great deal. I feel like buying these but I already have several sets of speaker cable not being used, so someone who can actually use these should pick them up.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,065
    Options
    I’m seriously considering getting both sets Todd. Talk to be about the RCA’s.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Yeah, thanks. Top notch wire. Great deal. I feel like buying these but I already have several sets of speaker cable not being used, so someone who can actually use these should pick them up.

Hmnn...my speaker wire stash is currently a little low.
  • tratliff
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    I’m seriously considering getting both sets Todd. Talk to be about the RCA’s.

I have decided to keep the RCAs for now. Sorry for the false advertising. I do have a Alpha 4 ft XLR and a Alpha 6 ft XLR I'm looking to let go.

I am also starting to think about using the cheaper set of speaker cables to build high level cables for my REL subs if they don't sell soon.
  • tratliff
    Options
    Sold! Thanks @PSOVLSK
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Yeah...thanks @PSOVLSK! ;) Now I can move on.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,065
    Options
    Arrived today. As advertised of course and we’ll packaged, but I know Todd so I knew that would be the case.

Thanks for the great deal. I’m about to hook up a pair in my 2 channel system and listen to Norah Jones on SACD.

I plan to use the other pair in my HT, but that could change.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden