RTA 12 B's In The House

Options
Hey everyone, just picked up a minty pair of RTA's from the original owner this last weekend. I had been looking for some SDA's but these came up for sale on Saturday and an hour drive away. I recently moved and sold off a lot of equipment, sold 2 sets of Infinities and keep my Monitor 7's and started looking for some bigger Polk's. I recently purchased my dream amp a few months ago, A McIntosh MA 7000 Integrated. I love the 7's just wanted a little bigger sound, so far I love these things. Wow huge soundstage and everything sounds so much fuller and room filling. Plan on some upgrades down the road and plan on these being here for a long time. Just want to say thanks to all you guys for all the information on this site, especially Pitdogg2 for all my questions. I really appreciate it Ivan!!!!!mg9tgv6ivanb.jpg

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,577
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Those are the worst speakers Polk ever made.....
    You're welcome Mark😜

Which tweeters do they have?
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Those are the worst speakers Polk ever made..

Easily outdone by these bad boys

1o875kl6z50v.jpg

afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    Options
  • zappafan2
    zappafan2 Posts: 37
    Options
    Ivan looks to be the SL 1000
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    GOOD ! That means you can use the RD-0194 tweeters. If I was you i'd buy 4 as soon as you can afford them. Call Polk CS and mention you're a member here.... it helps. Take a picture when you can and send to my phone. I'll help you to get them to fit if needed.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited July 2022
    Options
    GREAT purchase and love your "power plant". :pB)
    I bet it did sound GREAT.

Now...a small world Coincidence connected through this forum? Maybe... :D

I glued the magnets on my Monitor 10's yesterday and then pulled my RTA12b's into the front room to glue their magnets also. But...

When I pulled the first woofer out, I saw where I had glued them a year ago or more. So...I thought since I had them in the front room, I might as well listen to them again. I remember being blown away by thier imaging and bass "after I had to replace 3 of the woofers of which 1 was given and mailed to me completely free of any charge from @CH46E, Chris B) " after I picked the speakers up for free off of Craig's List.

I was blown away AGAIN by these speakers. :o Rarely can you tell the sound is coming from the speakers.

I have the Peerless tweeters in my 12B's I believe. I just saw a picture I took of them last night and see they have pinholes too. My Monitor 10's have the Peerless w/pinholes too. In fact, they have the same color vinyl rosewood wrap. :)

I listened for 1 1/2 hours to Janis Ian's "Between the Lines" and Daft Punk's "Random Access Memories". I have an Adcom GFA555II amp in the system I powered them with.

Pure Joy!

I was sitting there thinking "how in the world did Matthew Polk and his team come up with knowledge to make speakers that sound this BIG from 4 little woofers?

I just happened to take a picture of my 12B's before I brought my camera in last night. :)

efpjrdsaa9us.jpg

pg8yi6rh5x3l.jpg

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • zappafan2
    zappafan2 Posts: 37
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    GREAT purchase and love your "power plant". :pB)
    I bet it did sound GREAT.

Now...a small world Coincidence connected through this forum? Maybe... :D

I glued the magnets on my Monitor 10's yesterday and then pulled my RTA12b's into the front room to glue their magnets also. But...

When I pulled the first woofer out, I saw where I had glued them a year ago or more. So...I thought since I had them in the front room, I might as well listen to them again. I remember being blown away by thier imaging and bass "after I had to replace 3 of the woofers of which 1 was given and mailed to me completely free of any charge from @CH46E, Chris B) " after I picked the speakers up for free off of Craig's List.

I was blown away AGAIN by these speakers. :o Rarely can you tell the sound is coming from the speakers
    I have the Peerless tweeters in my 12B's I believe. I just saw a picture I took of them last night and see they have pinholes too. My Monitor 10's have the Peerless w/pinholes too. In fact, they have the same color vinyl rosewood wrap. :)

I listened for 1 1/2 hours to Janis Ian's "Between the Lines" and Daft Punk's "Random Access Memories". I have an Adcom GFA555II amp in the system I powered them with.

Pure Joy!

I was sitting there thinking "how in the world did Matthew Polk and his team come up with knowledge to make speakers that sound this BIG from 4 little woofers?

I just happened to take a picture of my 12B's before I brought my camera in last night. :)

efpjrdsaa9us.jpg

[img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021930/uploads/editor/cm/pg8yi6rh5x3 Tony you are right, rarely do I hear the sound from speakers. Ivan has said I have the peerless and not the sl-1000, going to have to be careful.[/img]