RTi-10 vs SDA2 A

Options
Well guys it's in the heading...what are your thoughts on the RTi-10 towers as compared to a mint set of SDA2 a? Pros cons

Best Answer

Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    edited March 2022
    Options
    The first one is for HT and the other for music.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jacobmeyerammo
    Options
    Im sorry F1nut.. HT?
  • jacobmeyerammo
    Options
    Ok...I got it. So the RTi10 will be more for movies and not perform as well as the SDAs with music input.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    Rti = Reference Theater improved. Yes voiced more for movies a such.
  • Hansvelton
    Hansvelton Posts: 151
    Options
    Apples to oranges sorta.

Ignoring the SDA aspect, the Rti10 are a decent bit "Forward" in voicing, but do have a very nice clean sound otherwise.

I think the SDA2s would be better in the deep bass also.
    I get both ARE speakers, but not really all that comparable overall.

• Hansvelton
    Hansvelton Posts: 151
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

I have heard a few of the Rti on music, and they are no slouches, as long as one can EQ out that forward upper mid/high end sound. But agree, as they are, voiced more for HT sound.
  • plastic_avatar
    plastic_avatar Posts: 687
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hansvelton wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »

...as long as one can EQ out that forward upper mid/high end sound...
    Ahhhh... That explains quite a bit for my own A/B listening. I'd hate to part out and sell my RTi-10, but they just don't stereo like my Monitor 12 (and presumably my in-process 1C). I even tried my EQ on the stereo rig, but it just didn't make enough of a difference.
    When I had the RTi-10 hooked up to the tv, they were really great for movies as just L/R with the tv acting as a Center. I might move them back to the tv room...

The Thrifty Setups in Mah House Big thrifty stereo in the basement w/ my custom SDA-1C (built with help from kind forum members) * Beautiful 1966 MCM GE console upgraded w/ Bluetooth, Dual turntable, and Paradigm speakers in family room * Swanky 1980 Realistic system and great TEAC eq with dancing colored lights in the living room * Ye Olde college stereo in the garage