New to the forum need help with my polk psw 505

i need a BASH amp plate working or not thanks my board got fried a bug crawled between plate and board and fried it wallsicbdpdn.jpg

Answers

• she was strong until she caught the bug :'(
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    I don't see how a cucaracha caused that damage.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ya crazy still cracthing my head
  • F1nut
    ya crazy still cracthing my head

I used to repair some electronic equipment with a lot of similarities to audio gear. From time to time they came in absolutely infested with those nasty things. Not once did they cause anything close to the damage you have.

Your sub amp, like many others, is known for cooking itself. The roach just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I suggest you look into buying a different sub and definitely call an exterminator.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited July 2022
    When I bring speakers with port holes into my cottage, they get a blast of "Bengal" bug killer up their pipe hole. :D
    I might even stuff a big rag in the hole afterwards also.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • It was a water bug not a Roach And i think i still will hang on to it maybe il find a schematic and fix it or buy another amp with a bash amp to use as road map and fix it hopefuly thanks for the input.
  • F1nut
    FYI, water bugs are one of the two species of cockroaches, they are Oriental roaches.

President of Club Polk

• skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    Parts Express has sub plate amps. I resurrected a Polk sub with one and it was a nice upgrade with just a little cutting.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • Thank Skrol for the advice Im trying no to replace with any amp, Instead trying to find a schematic or buy another bash amp to use as road map and hopefuly fix it thanks for the input.
  • thanks for the list stan, luck on ur sale
  • Is there anyone that has a polk 505 bash amp plate working or not 4 sale if so let me know ?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    That sub brings this song to mind...

https://youtu.be/g9lkeoxJRxA
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Yea it did bring a tear to the eye " LOL" Great song by the way. loves' me some Freddy .