AMC series "DARK WINDS". I'm hooked.

Options
Tony M
Tony M Posts: 11,058
I saw one part of this series last night and it instantly pulled me right in.

I don't know what episode out of 5 it was but we just watched episode 1 and I see what I saw last night's connection of what's to come.

The production value is top-notch with most involved with this series being Native American Indians.

Here's a write-up about it.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/dark-winds-what-to-know-about-the-hit-amc-show/ar-AAZ9t3W

52cdz118r88h.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.

Comments

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,988
    Options
    I forgot to set the dvr for this one, I hope they rerun #1.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Tony M
    Options
    I have Spectrum cable and we're able to go to Spectrum on Demand (1000) and watch all kinds of shows for free. We'll be watching episode 3 and maybe even 4 tonight.

I started watching this the other night and I came in where the robbers were flying in the chopper and then seeing it land. Then what happened next, :o:# , had me thinking "WTH"!? .

The production of what happens looked REAL. :s

On another view, the photographed/filmed landscapes on and around the reservation is spectacularly beautiful.

• Tony M
    Options
    We watched episodes 3 and 4 last night. :)

The 5th episode will be aired this Sunday at 9pm.

A lot went down in episodes 3 and 4 to explain A LOT of who is really who.

And I HATE Black Widow spiders. >:)
    You'll know why I said this if you watch #3 or #4. I forgot which one shows one.

• muncybob
    Options
    I hope they show reruns soon. I have 3 & 4 on dvr.

My Dad was stationed at and air force base in Ca. where those spiders seem to thrive. On the shooting range they had an outhouse and it was posted to look under the seat before sitting. One guy didn't do that and paid the price with a quick trip to the hospital. The way my Dad told the story was funnier than heck....you can say that, right? :)
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Tony M
    Options
    I made deliveries to home building jobsites for many, many years.

Every one has a porta-john and I feel the Company those johns belonged to did outstanding keeping 99% clean and oder free. BUT...

I know what a black-widow web looks like and one day I steped into one and saw a small widow web down low in the corner under the paper roll.

I looked very close and did what I had to do safely. Now unrolling the paper from it's covered holder was VERY nerve racking to say the least! :#

I drank a lot all day long and had to go #1 a lot. I'm amazed there wasn't a web in every one but there never was except that one. I guess the longer a john sits on a jobsite the more of a chance a spider will set up in one.

I had a friend when I was 12 years old tell me about his grand parents outhouse having a Black-widow in it and it biting a man down there. :s

Those spiders do like moist air and surroundings.

I can spot a web from 50 yards. I spotted one under my mail box and looked closely. The spider was in my mail box! :o I looked at the neighbor's mail boxes and inside of those 2 were Black-widows also.:o

They were smallish BUT they were there. :#

Look on the web ( funny I just said that ) for how they make their jumbled no-pattern webs. ;)
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,817
    Options
    Enjoying this show as well as The Old Man which has a great cast...hhhmmm spiders....lived about 20 miles south of Santa Fe NM and we were ALWAYS checking for spiders and scorpions amazing how a tiny lil insect can scare the crap out of a 250 # human................
  • Tony M
    Options
    I'll look into "The Old Man" soon. ;)
  • muncybob
    Options
    Also watching the Old Man. Just saw episode 1 of Dark Winds...patiently waiting for the DVR to pick up #2.
  • Tony M
    Options
    The Old man is still on my "to watch" mind. ;)

A lot happened in episode 5 of Dark Winds. :p
    I can't believe #6 will be it for this year. :'(

I did notice with each episode of Dark Winds the comercials increased. :#

Those distractions sure interupt the flow of the tension and what's building up as more and more of the plot gets exposed.
  • muncybob
    Options
    Won't matter to us since it'll be on the DVR. I HATE TV commercials!