ES 35 CENTER VS S35

Options
Are the specs the same?..price for discontinued s35 about $239 on Amazon vs $399 for the es35..my guess is specs the same and price higher due to new model..any thoughts?

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Strange that they removed the specs from the description of the products.
    (Edit) click the feature drop down for the specs.

Different drivers, different crossover. There were some complaints about the 4ohm ratings. They newer speakers are closer to 6 ohm which can be an easier speaker for AVR's to drive 5-7 speakers, of course you can get better performance with a solid 5-7 channel power amplifier vs a AVR alone.

• captainwest
    Options
    Disconnected my s35 center and ran system as a 4.1 with tsi400s as the main..watched some movies and shows in HD 5.1 and the sound and dialogue was very good..I did not seem to miss the s35 center stage..I have a window of 30 more days to return the s35..but was wondering if anyone has tested the newer es35 as compared to the prior model and has an opinion if the es35 is worth the upgrade.
  • GDD
    GDD Posts: 1
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I have the just received the s35 and dialogue is really good BUT the speaker seems to struggle otherwise. Almost seems like the cabinet can't handle what the drivers put out. Seems to resonate.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    You should have it set to small.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk