Vinyl Pressing Plant coming to Denver..

Options

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Just looked at their site. It's a pay $33 a month get a random record kind of thing? They have some records for sale directly but they're $40 an album $50 double LP + shipping I assume.

I didn't realize so many people were interested in paying a monthly fee for random records if that's how vinyl me please works.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options
    I like what they're saying about quality. Curious to hear what some of these are like, sound, look, and feel.

Not much of a "catalog" type service, though, is it? I only had a quick look, did a couple of quick searches. 0 for 3. Not a lot of stuff I'd buy, but saw a few I might be interested in. I'll stream first to confirm.

I didn't read far enough into the membership to see whether it's a surprise every month, or whether you can shop for your monthly album.

Not sure about the pricing. I suppose it's not out of line with other distributors.

I guess this is where we are now? So used to paying high-ish prices for crap quality new records that we'd gladly pay a little more for really good quality records?
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Options
    I've got one or two of their classic rock releases I purchased from Discogs. I have no interest in the vast majority of their issues.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,970
    Options
    Spending alomst $400/year for music that I'm not sure I will like doesn't work for me.

From the aticle I clicked on a link that took me to Billboard's home page(never looked at it before) and found I have no interest in any of the first 20 articles. Man, I must be getting old.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    muncybob wrote: »
    Spending alomst $400/year for music that I'm not sure I will like doesn't work for me.

From the aticle I clicked on a link that took me to Billboard's home page(never looked at it before) and found I have no interest in any of the first 20 articles. Man, I must be getting old.

So, here's an easy cure for your latter issue (with Billboard)
    https://worldradiohistory.com/Archive-All-Music/Billboard-Magazine.htm
    :D

zmth39e99poz.png

... or, if that's not doin' the trick for you, maybe something more along the lines of this.

ogh4r5od9zqd.png

:#B)

;)

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,970
    Options
    I have a lot of catching up to do!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    Start with ragtime -- it's gonna be a thing, I'm tellin' ya...
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Just looked at their site. It's a pay $33 a month get a random record kind of thing? They have some records for sale directly but they're $40 an album $50 double LP + shipping I assume.

I didn't realize so many people were interested in paying a monthly fee for random records if that's how vinyl me please works.

Kind of like the record of the minth club back in the 70's
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk