I rarely post about things I buy…. But

Options
My home theater/stereo have gone through leaps and bounds. From a simple two channel receiver/dvd player setup to mix and matched home theater to separates to no home theater at all. Now it has been a dual purpose new world system I really enjoy. I finally finished fully upgrading my rta’s crossovers, upgraded to the parasound p6 and have the Denon-5910ci as a dedicated CD player. It sounds awesome.

A few months ago the bug bit and I decided to split my system…. Again. I just discovered emotiva makes small multi channel processors so ended up getting a UMC-200. Idk how I didn’t know about these when I got the marantz processor. It’s all I’ll ever need. I had a marantz AV-7005 and the parasound HCA-1205a and I was overwhelmed bc one the marantz didn’t decode unless I fiddled with it 20 minutes and two there was only ONE source plugged into a 7” component. It was wasting space more than anything. Sure when it did what it was supposed to do it sounded amazing but it was a hassle. I went through combo of input and output modes you can think of with it. Eventually I gave up and moved on. I’ve used a denon receiver and realized how much the fam and I watch movies with HT so I’m going back to separates and splitting my system. I also realized how much I wanted my HT to be more jam-up.
8z1b58ocuowo.jpeg
ki6vibx7r44n.jpeg
f6ncc07oihir.jpeg

I’ll likely end up changing to a different newer processor but honestly this one works and does what I want it to. It turns on my 1500, 750 bridged to center and zamp for surrounds. It automatically “sees” DTS-MA and is set to Dolby pro-logic cinema for dvds with stereo only audio.

I eventually think I’d like two 275’s for the front three. Still looking at speakers but pretty sure I’m going all klipsch. I like the idea of wall mounting the R-34c’s. I even tossed around the idea of JBL pro theater speakers but those things are too big and way overkill😁
Home theater:
43” Westinghouse Displayer
Marantz UD-7007 Player
Emotiva MC-700 Processor
Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
Parasound Zamp Amplifier
Ethereal ESO-1 Power Conditioner
Klipsch RC-10 Center
Klipsch R34c Fronts
Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
Polk audio RTA-12c’s fully upgraded crossovers
DIY 12tc braided speaker cables
Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
Parasound P6 Preamplifer
Parasound HCA -1500a Amplifier

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    That Denon 5910 is a beast! I'm glad it is still working for you.
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Mr. Sharpe Posts: 1,354
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I haven’t had it long and I only use it a few times a week. When I got it it looked like it had never been used. The coax out on it sounds amazing through the p6 DAC. While I’m hoping it lasts forever I maybe replacing it with a Yamaha but not sure, I really love it:) it’s a great player. I just hope I don’t have to move it anytime soon unless to sell it lol
    Home theater:
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Polk audio RTA-12c’s fully upgraded crossovers
    DIY 12tc braided speaker cables
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
    Parasound HCA -1500a Amplifier
  • localnet333
    Options
    I miss my Denon 5910ci, awesome player. Streaming killed it... I think one of the kids may still have it.
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Mr. Sharpe Posts: 1,354
    Options
    I freakin love the player. It was a perfect fit, awesome analog section and I use as a transport a good bit.
    Home theater:
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo: