Dateline: Binghamton, NY - McIntosh acquired

Options
mhardy6647
mhardy6647 Posts: 33,090
Just saw this Someplace Else: Maybe portentious, maybe no big deal. We shall see...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/highlander-partners-announces-acquisition-mcintosh-090000283.html

Film at eleven ;)

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,102
    Options
    I guess their 1500 McIntosh light will go up to 1800 ๐Ÿ™ƒ
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 2022
    Options
    VR3 wrote: ยป
    I guess their 1500 McIntosh light will go up to 1800 ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Supply chain snafus have probably already made that happen. :#

Come to think of it, I haven't priced their beach towels lately.

57x7g4w1353q.png

https://shop.mcintoshlabs.com/products/mcintosh-towel
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,102
    Options
    Never been a McIntosh fan... Always felt they were the Gibson and Fender of the amp world... Paying top dollar for a name badge when you can find similar or better quality for far less without the prestige.

Either way, always no fun to watch brands consolidate like they have the past decade in this industry
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Mac made some very fine FM tuners. I have one of their "second tier" models (MR-67). I can't afford/justify the price of their best tuners for myself, though.

I am not at all crazy about most of their amplifiers -- although I do like the MC-225 (and wouldn't mind having one).
    I have an MC-2100 and it's a harsh, shrill, grainy sounding piece of hardware... autoformers notwithstanding. :#

Some folks definitely like the Mac look and sound -- But (FWIW) I think they're sort of the Rolex of hifi. They're thought to be high-end by folks who know nothing about the real high end. ;)

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    McIntosh gear, in my opinion, is too gaudy. No idea how it sounds, but it looks terrible.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.