Any exchange program for Magnify 2?

Very unhappy with dialogue on my Magnify 2 with voice at max and bass at min. Same stream on my Sony A/V with Polk speakers dialogue is great

Answers

• Hello, curious about how you have the Soundbar and Sony AV receiver connected? Can you provide a photo of your Soundbar and its placement? And is there a reason you have the soundbar in the system chain while having an AV receiver? If the Soundbar is located in a different room, is the room acoustics similar? Adjustments to the TV's audio output may also need to be adjusted.
  • clivew
    clivew Posts: 13
    Sorry if i confused. Two entirely different systems in two rooms.
    Soundbar is in the kitchen where space is very limited.
    Sony A/V is part of a 5.1 system with good speakers.
    Kitchen
    nVidia Shield or Roku by HDMI to Soundbar. Soundbar to TV via HDMI.
    Main Room
    TiVo stick or Roku to A/V via HDMI
    A/V to TV
  • A couple of things, first, Kitchens tend to be very bright when it comes to acoustics. Hard floors and solid surfaces will contribute to bad acoustics. This will affect sound quality. Second, confirm that all sources are set to PCM or digital audio, including the TV audio out settings. If all sources and TV are already set to PCM or Digital, experiment with the stereo setting. Not seeing the system, my first guess is the room acoustics.
  • clivew
    Still unhappy with my Magnifi 2. Have to use subtitles for everything except news and sports.
    Does it really have a center channel?
    Any part exchange program for a bar with a genuine center channel and better dialog enhancement?
    Thanks, Clive
  • No, unfortunately, we do not offer an exchange program. Where was the soundbar purchased, and what was the purchase date? Have you tried relocating the Soundbar to a different room and confirming the Kitchen acoustics? My concern is, if it is the Kitchen room acoustics, upgrading to another soundbar may not be a positive solution.
  • clivew
    Thanks cor the response. Trying in another room will be difficult. My problem is with modern TV movies mainly where the background music and actor diction leaves much to be desired. News, Sports, and British TV with classical trained actors (like Patrick Stewart) are not a problem.
    Are you able to answer my question about whether the Magnifi 2 has a genuine Center Channel? I have had different answers from different experts over the two years i have owned it.
  • I can confirm that the Mag 2 does not have a dedicated center channel. It has The Polk Voice Adjust but not a dedicated center channel. Have you experimented with the different sound modes? Movie, Music, Night, 3D, and Sport Mode. The sound modes offer different equalization, and one may benefit over the other with dialogue depending on incoming content. Available Soundbars with a dedicated center channel, the new MagniFi Mini AX, Signa S4, and MagniFi Max AX.
  • clivew
    I have. None of them do the trick for me.
    After 2 years of trying I think I will buy a new soundbar from Crutchfield who have a 60 day restock program. I will try to find someone who would like my MagniFi 2, it is marvelous for music.
    Thank you so much for your kind help.
  • clivew
    Quick follow up, if you don't mind.
    Realistically, will having the center channel make a meaningful improvement to movie dialog over the Magnifi 2?
    I noticed last night that watching the same movie with my main 5.1 system including a wonderful big Polk center speaker, i could hear every word without strain.
  • clivew
    Quick follow up, if you don't mind.
    Realistically, will having the center channel make a meaningful improvement to movie dialog over the Magnifi 2?
    I noticed last night that watching the same movie with my main 5.1 system including a wonderful big Polk center speaker, i could hear every word without strain.
  • Sorry for the late response. It depends on the acoustics of the kitchen/Room. There's a good chance that having a dedicated center channel will improve the dialogue, but by how much, I am uncertain.
  • clivew
    Thank you so much for your advice