Any vintage amp technician in Tusla?

I have this Kenwood KA 9100 that needs to be restored

Best Answer

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Answer ✓
    @kabot_avez,

I don't know of any vintage amp technicians in or near Tulsa, but I can recommend that you contact:

Jeffrey Jackson
    Precision Audio Labs
    251 Vivaron Avenue
    St. Charles, MO 63303
    lktrnx@gmail.com
    314-550-9862

He does excellent work at a reasonable price and is a pleasure to work with. He is an expert. He is completely reliable. He has completely rebuilt amy Perreaux SA33 preamp (~1989) and Perreaux PMF3150 amp (~1989). The preamp and amp both perform flawlessly. The shipping both ways from New Hampshire to Missouri was easy.

Other than the fact that Jeffrey has performed this work on my equipment, I have no affiliation with Precision Audio Labs.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

Answers

• michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,165
    @kabot_avez,

I don't know of any vintage amp technicians in or near Tulsa, but I can recommend that you contact:

Jeffrey Jackson
    Precision Audio Labs
    251 Vivaron Avenue
    St. Charles, MO 63303
    lktrnx@gmail.com
    314-550-9862

He does excellent work at a reasonable price and is a pleasure to work with. He is an expert. He is completely reliable. He has completely rebuilt amy Perreaux SA33 preamp (~1989) and Perreaux PMF3150 amp (~1989). The preamp and amp both perform flawlessly. The shipping both ways from New Hampshire to Missouri was easy.

Other than the fact that Jeffrey has performed this work on my equipment, I have no affiliation with Precision Audio Labs.

That's great to hear that he did quality work Moose. Looks like Jeff's business is no longer located in Maryland Heights, MO like it was in 2011 when it was called stlouiscomputronics....working from his home now (according to the address)? His shop was really busy back then and turnaround time for my amp was 4 months. He replaced a resistor on a tube amp back then and although the amp worked, I'm assuming he didn't have the right value of resistor in stock so he piggybacked 2 resistors. Looked pretty amateurish, IMO. Wish I would have taken a pic at the time but I no longer have the amp. Not trying to rip on the guy, just sharing my experience.
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
  • kabot_avez
    kabot_avez Posts: 4
    @Moose68Bash thanks a lot.. I will give him a call and see what can work out.