Parasound HALO A21+...a new addition.

Options
As much as I thoroughly enjoyed the Liberty Audio B2B 100 amp I purchased from tophatjohnny (really stand up guy). A fantastic musical amp!

My local dealer gave me a sweet deal on a new A21+ along with a great trade in value for the B2B 100.

I would have loved to sell it here for another Pokies enjoyment but the deal included the trade in. And not to mention it saved me the hassle of packing & shipping.

On my way to pick it up now. Should be a fun night for sure.
"2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    Congrats on getting that amp. B)

I just looked on-line last night and today at that A21+.

I also just looked at a new Vincent amp with meters and with speaker A and B capability.

*&^^%#
    Then the other side of my brain (the frugal side) tells me to hook up my other 2 GFA 555IIs I have parked in a rack doing nothing if I want to try a new amp out. :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,998
    Options
    Definitely hook those bad boys up. It'll be like a whole new system & get your mind off of spending more money. Lol!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Congrats on the new amp! Looking forward to seeing some pics!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Congrats!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    Do you have a Pic of the front?

Beautiful congrats!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    88 lbs. before unboxing? :o
    I'd definitely call my neighbor to come help me too but like you, if he wasn't around, I'd HAVE TO do it myself too if it was early in the day. Moving it Inch by inch... :D Breaks here and there also, like you did. ;)

Congrats again.

I've read so much about those amps. The A21 and the A21+ that either one would be a nice endgame amp for people who live with certain budgets like me.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pearsall001
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Do you have a Pic of the front?

Beautiful congrats!

Here ya go.

Forgive the lighting...I wasn't about to pick that Kraken up again & move it. Lol!

2br3k6ycbyar.jpg
    giyity1s6x69.jpg
    35sfv8dy0b5l.jpg
    y4ami0vtefzp.jpg
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    Looks awesome man, great score.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pearsall001
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Looks awesome man, great score.

Beauty & Brawn for sure.

Thanks
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,185
    Options
    Looks Minty! Need to get my ears on one of these Halo amps.
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    She's purdy!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Clipdat
    Options
    I'm sure it gets you 80% or more of the JC5 experience at a much lower price. Very cool.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    Options
    Absolutely beautiful! I’ve thought about replacing my XPA-2 with one of these, or going with the Pathos Lagos integrated.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,456
    Options
    Congrats. Gorgeous. I want to upgrade my Parasound 2250 to that before I can't lift the darn thing :D Enjoy your new addition
    Randy/Maine
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,076
    Options
    Truly a wonderful looking beast!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    Very nice. Enjoy.
  • pearsall001
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I'm sure it gets you 80% or more of the JC5 experience at a much lower price. Very cool.

It's a lot closer than you would think. I heard them both side by side on multiple listening sessions paired with KEF Reference series (Ref 1, REF 3, REF 7) & the Blade (still drooling here) & of course my R3 monitors. These were the non Meta versions, the new Meta versions should be in this week.

The Backert Labs Rhythm 1.3 pre was used through out all sessions.

The JC5 is certainly a bit more nuanced in its presentation...but according to my ears I would be splitting hairs here. It had a few very subtle differences over the A21+ but not enough for me to consider the extra $2500.00. I guess I'll leave that to the "Golden Ears" out there. The law of diminishing returns was very apparent to me. Not to say that down the road if Stephen conjures up a sweet deal on a JC5 for me I just might be tempted.

Now if you want to talk about the JC1+ monos...heard them too but really why bother, they were that good, actually phenomenal & of course with a price tag to put me in divorce court!
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,185
    edited April 2022
    Options
    May I ask what dealer? Not many have the Backert stuff
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • pearsall001
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    May I ask what dealer? Not many the Backert stuff

Stephen Monte
    Questforsound.com
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Congratulations on a beautiful Amp👍 If you use Spades, the Binding Posts on the new Halo Series are the best I’ve ever encountered. An Iron Fisted grip👏
  • pearsall001
    Options
    Congratulations on a beautiful Amp👍 If you use Spades, the Binding Posts on the new Halo Series are the best I’ve ever encountered. An Iron Fisted grip👏

Thanks...and yes indeed the binding posts are top notch capable of a death grip for sure.
  • Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    Options
    Great pics of a great amp, congrats. I’ve always been impressed by the binding posts on the Parasound + series amps.
  • pearsall001
    Options
    Rich502 wrote: »
    Great pics of a great amp, congrats. I’ve always been impressed by the binding posts on the Parasound + series amps.

Not only the binding posts but the bass control is incredible. Talk about an iron fist 👊
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,519
    Options
    Looks and I bet sounds awesome
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • pearsall001
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Looks and I bet sounds awesome

Correct on both accounts. Awesome amp that has the speakers singing like an angel. 🎶🎶🎶
  • pearsall001
    Options
    This puppy is playing very nice with the Maggie LRS.
  • Clipdat
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Both the A21+ and JC5 look great. I would try the JC5 if I had room for it.
  • pearsall001
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Both the A21+ and JC5 look great. I would try the JC5 if I had room for it.

You just need a bigger room. Lol!