Who is planning on attending Axpona

13»

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    @BlueFox Your new Magicos have arrived:
    magico_m6_speakers_review_matej_isak_mono_and_stereo_2021_2022_2023_%20-%201.jpg
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I have thought of getting the M series but there are two reasons why I haven’t. First, they don’t have any type of grill cover, and with cats I am not going to leave exposed speakers out for some curious exploration. Second, they only come in black. So, for now, I will stay with the S series.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Did anyone listen to these rooms?

idwh2d2pvcur.png
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,553
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Aaron's next turntable. v1j35ul1teo3.jpg

No… but those R2R’s had me thinking.

Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    ALL212 wrote: »

I was able to spend Saturday night from 8-11 in the United Home Audio room with that BR-20 that had been completely refurbed. I was amazed.

2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,928
    edited April 2022

umm... maybe it's just me... but isn't Standard Max kind of an oxymoron?

:#;)

PS what is all that crud that appears to be on the platter? Some kind of acoustic treatment -- or maybe just an unflattering trick of the light? :|
    Is there no audiophile Windex?

https://youtu.be/S0eu3fZnhgY
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited April 2022
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

umm... maybe it's just me... but isn't Standard Max kind of an oxymoron?

:#;)

PS what is all that crud that appears to be on the platter? Some kind of acoustic treatment -- or maybe just an unflattering trick of the light? :|
    Is there no audiophile Windex?

lol You got your Standard Line, Standard Max and then the Reference. The Standard Max is $19,995.

Maybe that is audiophile Stick-em, prevents record from slipping? :D It could be marring based on pic of a new one? Dirt?

05qwzvgl6vz5.png

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer
    ALL212 wrote: »

Well, maybe we should talk aboot that.... :D

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer
    WLDock wrote: »
    Did anyone listen to these rooms?

idwh2d2pvcur.png

I don't recall going in those rooms.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Clipdat wrote: »

Well, how'd it sound?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    edited April 2022
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »

Well, how'd it sound?

Tom

It was awesome. The sound was effortless.

I was also impressed with the Bolder/SF room on Saturday. But when I revisited on Sunday something was not right about it.

The Luxman room with the Magico's was top notch.

I also spent about an hour listening to the TAD Compact Reference Ones. They were nice.

But I can't get over how impressed I was with the United Home Audio room with the R2R and VAC components driving Acora Acoustic speakers. I got to spend about 5 hours total over the weekend listening to different types of music on both the R2R and turntable on this system. (I need a powerball win!!!)
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Bye bye @Ismacccam spammer be gone
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,527
    Something bad musta happened here ^^^, but hey, it led to me looking up next year’s dates (April 14-16, 2023) and getting them on the calendar. Never been before, so look forward to attending.
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    Something bad musta happened here ^^^, but hey, it led to me looking up next year’s dates (April 14-16, 2023) and getting them on the calendar. Never been before, so look forward to attending.

It's a great time! I've been to several, in the past we had a good group from here to hang out with.