Polkaudio R100 & denon x3500h

Options
Hey, The new speakers are on their way to me and I'm not sure I can turn them on with my receiver which seems to work at 8/6 ohms. I did not quite understand from the data of the speakers if they can work or they require 4 ohms..?

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Alon3t3 wrote: »
    Hey, The new speakers are on their way to me and I'm not sure I can turn them on with my receiver which seems to work at 8/6 ohms. I did not quite understand from the data of the speakers if they can work or they require 4 ohms..?

Welcome to club Polk! Stick around.

You can certainly power those speakers with that avr. Will they sound the best they can? No. But assuming you don’t crank it to 100 dbs you should be fine. I would, however, recommend a good sub and crossing them over at 80 hz or so…
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer