Emergency Generators

Options
Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,712
So I was getting some stuff on Amazon this morning and saw this generator on sale.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0N8256?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp&th=1

It's only on sale until the end of the day, like 17 hours from now. But this is a 12Kw emergency generator for $880.

A similar generator is at Home Depot right now for $1600.

If anyone is looking for a generator, this is a hell of a deal. Even if you just get one to flip it for a profit. It's a hair over 45% off the retail price.

It's a good buy and since I've been trying to get an emergency generator since the end of 2019 when we lost power for several days, I jumped on this deal. If you're in the market, you probably should too.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,480
    Options
    That does look like a good deal. I picked up a lower model a couple of years ago, 1/3 the output at, I think, around half this price.
    I disabled signatures.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    Ditto, I bought the next step down (9500/7500) for $200 more than that in Aug 2020.

Killer deal on that one.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Can this be used to charge an EV?? ...asking for a friend
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,018
    edited April 2022
    Options
    It's 9pm and its 1399.00 now. :/

I was thinking about getting a big generator and I might've jumped on this.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    sales price was not available at 5pm central
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Back down to $1099
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited April 2022
    Options
    They must have sold out then. It was showing product currently out of stock this morning. But yesterday when I posted this, the deal clock had 17 hours and 2 minutes left in the countdown.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,764
    Options
    Looks like a good deal at the cost per KW. I looked at the pdf and it appears to be a brushed generator, not brushless.

Not a huge deal, but the sinewave isn't as good as from a brushless design so just some 411 for sensitive devices. Still a good amount of output and will run most of the appliances.

Something to keep in mind, is brushed generators are more susceptible to losing their residual magnetism when unused over time. The generator will turn but with no power output. I wanted to add this as it happened to me with my old generator so just offering some advice.

When this happens, usually you connect a corded drill to one of the generator outputs, then use a cordless drill to spin the corded drill with both chucks connected. Pull the trigger on the corded drill while doing so and the drill will finally come to life...then you are all set.