Any USAA Members here?

Options
Wondering if USAA has saved anyone on home and auto insurance....thanks

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,575
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Just hope you never need them in a time of need. While in the military my son had auto insurance through them. When my son had his car totaled by a young driver who ran a stop sign, it was weeks and weeks of run around. We literally had to go to the OFFENDERS insurance company to get things moving for him. Phone numbers for USAA went in circles, no one had a clue when we did get them on the line. It was EXTREMELY frustrating to no end. The funny part was the opposing insurance company treated him so well he dropped USAA and went with them. Two months in USAA begged for another chance, he politely told them they had their chance and the failed badly.

Good luck to you if you use them.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    I have heard nothing but great news from members. They also have a bank or credit union too. My own personal experience is from one of their members pulling in front of my truck. I was able to get a rental car while my truck was repaired and repairs were done very good. Good luck. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    Options
    They used to be way more expensive than anything with the word "farm".
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    Options
    USAA was more expensive when we looked at them.
    But my experience with Allstate was dismal. Got rear ended
    on Jan 30th 2020. Other driver was Allstate. They immediately
    declared it a total and stopped paying for a rental.
    It took two months to get my money, and 6 months to get my deductible
    back. Every step was horrid. I understand covid didn't help things.
    But once totaled it was all about getting the wreck sold. After that,
    crickets. No callbacks, no emails. I think right now insurance is
    like everything else. BROKEN.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    I think Ill stay put where I am on insurance-probably not worth the hassle and our current co has taken care of business so far on a couple of occasions. On a side note - anyone wonder why there are a zillion stupid arse insurance commercials on TV and streaming nowadays? I have my own theory....
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Stationed in North TX and had a micro burst hit the on-base storage lot where my 18' SeaRay was stored. Boat was spun around 180 degrees, blown 150' across the yard, the pivot on the front wheel collapsed and the the hitch buried in the asphalt. To add insult to injury, a ~4X12' travel trailer rolled over the top of the boat and caused damage to the window, frame and did a number on the fiberglass around the cockpit and bow. The lot looked like a war zone and I was lucky compared to some of the RV's and trailers.

I documented w/pics and contacted USAA. No feet dragging on my part but they were on it and pushed both me and the fiberglass repair company in OKC every step of the way re. repair, payment and even followed-up to ensure I was satisfied. They no longer offer boat insurance but I was grandfathered when they stopped it prior to this accident and it's actually underwritten by a third party. Rates didn't go up one penny and, for a brief period, went down a few dollars.

I have home and auto insurance, too, but...knock on wood....have never had to file a claim. Had Allstate prior to USAA but changed out of convenience to consolidate all my banking needs. Did file 2 claims w/Allstate. One for my wife's car and one for mine. In both cases, the other driver's were at fault and took full responsibility. Allstate never messed w/our rates, either.

I've heard both good and bad. As the saying goes, it's usually the extremes that make the most noise.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I own my 95 F150 thanks to USAA.
    They gave us a loan when our bank refused to.

We sustained some damage to a few things a long time ago from a Hurricane. The adjuster was awesome. So, ever since those two, oh, my wife was hit by a red-light runner also. We didn't get what I thought the car was worth but...USAA said it is what it is. In other words, Don't buy a new car and have it totaled in 4 years. We lost 7K on that car.

We have met a Marine who said he was shocked at how much more USAA wanted compared to another Co.. He went with the other one of course.

We're still with USAA but Hurricane Ins. is handled by another Co. since Floyd and Bertha destroyed the East Coast. I think that was the 2 hurricanes in 30 days that we got damage from. We were very LUCKY compared to others for sure.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,758
    Options
    FWIW....we have USAA and the service has been nothing but excellent. Cheapest by a decent margin and any claims have been taken care of without any hassles..this includes our home.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,028
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    I own my 95 F150 thanks to USAA.
    They gave us a loan when our bank refused to.

We sustained some damage to a few things a long time ago from a Hurricane. The adjuster was awesome. So, ever since those two, oh, my wife was hit by a red-light runner also. We didn't get what I thought the car was worth but...USAA said it is what it is. In other words, Don't buy a new car and have it totaled in 4 years. We lost 7K on that car.

We have met a Marine who said he was shocked at how much more USAA wanted compared to another Co.. He went with the other one of course.

We're still with USAA but Hurricane Ins. is handled by another Co. since Floyd and Bertha destroyed the East Coast. I think that was the 2 hurricanes in 30 days that we got damage from. We were very LUCKY compared to others for sure.

This is why I never put any money down on a car purchase and go with a gap policy.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    Knock on wood. I’ve never had a health, home or auto/MC claim . . . I’m 60 yr old

Lucky Sum Beech
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Knock on wood. I’ve never had a health, home or auto/MC claim . . . I’m 60 yr old

Good job. My last car insurance claim was around 77-78, and never had a home insurance claim.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,185
    Options
    My wife and I have been USAA members for the past 15 years.

You don't use them to save money, you use them for good service. Auto insurance is competitive cost wise but the support is great. My family has used them for multiple claims and everything has been smooth.

Disclaimer, I do not use them for Home insurance because the cost delta was fairly large. Geico quoted me half of what USAA did not the same terms
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius