How do I get bass braces?

Options
Does anyone know where I can get a set of bass braces? I recently acquired some SRS 2.3TLs and would like to secure them to the wall to ensure without a doubt they could never tip. My wife runs a daycare, so safety is paramount. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,652
    Options
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,396
    Options
    It’s possible a forum member has a pair of the old original threaded rods and brackets in the back of a closet unused but if anti tip is the goal a simple set of earthquake proofing furniture straps would work.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,460
    Options
    Dude. I'd run electric fence around them if my ol' lady ran a daycare. Just saying.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,348
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Dude. I'd run electric fence around them if my ol' lady ran a daycare. Just saying.

I wish I could “agree” AND “lol” this one…
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,720
    Options
    I still have mine but they are buried in a box somewhere.

All they are is a piece of threaded rod about a foot long and one of these "ceiling flange" things (pictured below). I am not sure what the thread size is, but I think it is 3/8".

You remove the bolt from the threads in the back of the speaker and screw the rod into it. The "ceiling flange" screws onto the wall end of the threaded rod just enough to be about flush. Then you screw the flange to the wall surface. Any excess threaded rod stays hidden inside the speaker as you adjust it to the proper length.

h793119dne6c.jpg
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,720
    Options
    HOLD UP!

Who is that in your profile pic? :o
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,880
    Options
    The Bass Brace isn't a good solution. That skinny all thread rod and wall bracket have serious structural integrity issues. Emlyn's suggestion is much better.

That said, there's no way I'd have speakers anywhere close to little monsters.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    One of those inbred dogs that can't even breathe sitting still ;)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Didn't realize bass had teeth or that there's a market to straighten them. I guess if it's a trophy bass, it's money well spent.😉