Saying goodbye to a friend....

TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
Well, packed out the Bozaks today....and honestly, having some serious remorse.

There is a lot to not love about them. These are the Shrek’s of the speaker world. Big, ugly, stupid ogres! The treble is rolled off.....they don’t image great. The bass lacks some tautness....but they are far and away the most musical speakers I’ve owned. I have absolutely LOVED every minute of listening to them.

I have a feeling that before is all said and done, it won’t be my last pair. A pair of Symphonies would be more accommodating.....
I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited March 2022
    I think I know what you're saying about their sound signature.

Having owned more speakers than any normal person, I have owned and heard cheapos to some 7K pairs. I've owned some nice electronics but only mediocre wires between the stuff. :# I still enjoy what I hear most of the time.

I feel all the stuff has been pretty good for my standard of stereo bliss. Yea, some have moved me to tears of nirvana and others are just fine for listening while doing other stuff.

I just downsized some mighty fine speakers but still have many more.

What I've found is the "music" that moves my soul. Great music on cheapo speakers is ok with me.

Bad CDs or albums or radio reception stabs my ears on any stereo system no matter their costs.

I haven't trashed the stereos of my past because I eventually got a lot better stuff. Heck, I listen to Bose 151 porch speakers all the time. They lack bass and highs, I know, but I'm outside doing things in a cityscape.

I guess I've never been the type to sit with some drinks for too long. I also miss my HUGE Technics 7070 speakers that sounded perfect. But they were HUGE and I needed space and $$ at some point and out they went. I didn't own any of the $$$$ speakers to compare them to but I enjoyed a lot of music through them.

If a pair came up for sale locally and cheap enough, I'd buy them again since I have space and $$ now.

I hope you find those Symphonies one day. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    I see TLW won that battle. ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Well that didn't last long lol. I managed to keep mine for about 3 years before I finally had enough. It was one hell of a happy day when I saw them leaving in the back of the new owner's truck and I'm betting you can relate to that.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    They definitely had a unique sound! Was a pleasure to hear them!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TroyD
    Always loved that picture......

Well, if the L800's didn't come available....the Bozaks probably would have never seen the light of day. And, at some point, the L800's will more likely than not eventually move down the road as well.

The Bozaks are not particularly hard to find if you don't mind traveling......my next set will be Symphonies. The CG's are just to demanding on real estate....

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    I'm not far from Boone as well.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • TroyD
    Those have been for sale for a LONG time.....I've thought about it but I really want a pair of post-1970 as they switched from alnico to ceramic magnets which, IMO, sound better. Either way though....this would be if/when the L800's move.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    VR3 wrote: »

Nope. I am done with speakers. Improving the rest of the upstream rig (not much left to improve) and further tweaks on the speakers/crossovers is what I am down too. No more merry go 'round of speakers in and out.

BUT, they are in my current stomping grounds, so if you are interested Troy? I can go look at them for you. Just LMK and I'll make it happen. I remember what yours sounded like, so I will have a reference to go by.

They look to be in really good condition (cabinet wise)......and if you do get them? We can schedule another day long Carolina Audiofest Extravaganza! Well, shoot, we can do that without you getting them but just sayin'...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~