Modded Adcom GDA-700

Options
I never thought I would sell this piece but life throws curveballs sometimes. Wanted to give you guys first dibs before listing it elsewhere for more.

Former top of the line R2R DAC from Adcom with Burr Brown PCM1702 chips. This unit has been modded by a tech (who I was put in touch with by soundfreak1 here) that upgraded many of these over the years. He installed fresh capacitors all around, upgraded power supply caps, and gold DIP sockets installed to roll Op-amps. It currently has 6 original Texas Instruments LME49710NA chips installed (currently around $40 a chip when in stock). Fantastic midrange that's transparent with a big soundstage. With the mods I preferred the sound of this DAC over many other sub $1000 used DAC's and had to spend a lot more to beat this in my system. All original parts that were removed as well as the invoice for the mods will be included.

The case has some scratches on the top/sides and some nicks on the top of the faceplate. The face presents as very clean from the front. I've taken pictures with the flash on to exaggerate the scratches for full disclosure. Most of them are not highly noticeable or distracting.

Unit will be packaged to withstand the dummies at shipping companies.

350 plus actual shipping
PP friends & family

I can also include a 4 ft Audience PowerChord-e power cable that had great synergy with this unit for extra $150 if desired.

jfyd07idji3o.jpg
eo2gunm13cxs.jpg
4cpsv4gclkyh.jpg
ykzfnbu3f74x.jpg
jcbvcg6v3wzo.jpg
zaykv23uvytg.jpg
53axja7gcnvt.jpg
8bgvcj0sgaob.jpg
eph6h6bh2j54.jpg
zekjof2lci26.jpg

Comments