Mr C has come to visit our house..

Options
Well my wife tested positive for Mr C today, we had a good run from staying away from it, but here it is, I was at work when she called, and told me, I left work hit the store for some supplies, going to stay huddled up, our biggest worry is obviously Courtney, at this point she really has no choice but to ride it out in the house, I am sure it will just be a matter of time before she and I have it.. :(

I have tickets to see TOOL tonight, I have them on Ticketmaster to see if I can unload them, but I would guess I will be eating them.

Michelle says her body feels like she was hit by a truck..

Comments

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    Based on the conversations that have been going on lately I was thinking you were going to say Mr Carver came to visit your house. That is not good news. I hope you all make it thru quickly. Take care....
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Hope she gets past it soon.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    GO see TOOL 20% of the people will have it too.....
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    Sad news Larry. Prayers out to you both. Hunker down & get better
    Randy/Maine
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Load up on all the goodies talked about before. Doesn't necessarily mean you'll get it either. Hope all goes well.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    Options
    Get well soon to your wife and hope that's the end of it for you guys
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    Praying for you both.

Get well soon!!

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Hope your wife has a mild case and a quick recovery.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    Larry wishing your family the best. Ask for some early treatment or Rx if available.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    @tonyb is correct. I've been exposed a dozen times, IF I did have it it passed through my system like p oop through a goose. I've not tested positive yet. My brother just got over a bad case and he exposed me for 3 days before he got tested and found out it was covid. His wife and I never caught it and she shared a bed with him the whole time.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    edited January 2022
    Options
    My coworker just tested positive today and we had a meeting yesterday and had a conversation at my desk this morning. Fun times.
  • stevep
    stevep Posts: 328
    Options
    Does it seem insensitive to say I was relieved to open the thread and see it wasn't Cancer....

I hope your wife gets well soon and the rest of the family gets lucky and doesn't catch it.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    I hope your wife gets through it quickly and you and your child don't get it.

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    "His wife and I never caught it and she shared a bed with him the whole time."

I kinda scan read this the first time thru. I won't tell you how it read. :#

2 week seems to be the normal run. I did zinc, C, D3 and Quercetin.
    It tried to get to the throat/lungs towards the end but didn't really make it.
    I ate a lot of eggs for the Selenium. At least two a day. Chicken soup.
    Trying to stay hydrated. Lemonade tasted good to me...

Good luck TF66
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    Options
    Sorry to hear this. My wife and I both got it 2 weeks ago after managing to avoid it for nearly 2 years. Wasn’t as bad as it could have been but I don’t want it again.
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    Options
    I got it a couple of weeks ago and brought it home. My 3 children have since tested positive, although they didn't get more than a cough.

My wife on the other hand needed to get transported by paramedics to the ER. After a day she was back home feeling better, but soon relapsed and I had to drive her to the ER for a second go around.

Praying for your family Larry.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    Very sorry to hear this sad news and wishing the very best for your wife and your family. Kudos to you also for being a good person and opting out of Tool show. You did the right thing even though it has to be tempting
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    Sorry to hear. Prayers and goodwill to you and yours.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,929
    Options
    Thanks you guys, going to Tool was not even a thought, I could never leave her here and really enjoy it. She even told me to go, and she would feel bad that I didn’t go. I know where I need to be. Really the hard part is eating the money, but still not that important..

• pitdogg2
    edited January 2022
    Options
    stevep Posts: 227
    4:20PM
    Does it seem insensitive to say I was relieved to open the thread and see it wasn't Cancer..

I'll admit that was my thought as well.
    As bad as Covid can be for some folks I was relieved to see it wasn't the big C.

Stay well Larry
    I swear buy this, rinse kit. It might be the reason I've been so "lucky". I use two packets of the saline solution and ALWAYS use distilled water. I use it 3x a week.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Neilmed-Sinus-Rinse-Kit-All-Natural-Sinus-Relief/10324362
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,190
    Options
    I would say to use the above but mix 1tbsp of 10% Povidone Iodine in 1 cup of distilled water with 1/4 tsp salt and rinse your nasal passages with it and gargle with it. It gives a 0.62% dilute solution. There are studies that show it is effective against the virus. I do it especially after being exposed to other people. The incubation period is pretty short with Omicron, like maybe 5 days?

Good luck to your wife and family.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    Prayers for your wife and your family.

My son's kids both got it and he and his wife never got it so it's not certain you will get it. Stay safe!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,535
    Options
    Good luck!

Despite having vaccinated kids, and my wife and I being the same plus boosters*…..

Oldest daughter had it last week and got over it, wife had it last week and still feeling it through this week.

By the grace of god I remain negative per the two PCRs I had (last week and this).

*Provided for context only and not meant to insinuate anything about vaccines COVID or otherwise

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    Larry, I hope your wife recovers quickly and that you and Courtney avoid it altogether.

Best wishes to all.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I agree with @pitdogg2 . Go to the concert it will be a cesspool of CV-19 variances anyhow. If it kills you at least you went out with a bang. As for keeping it from spreading everyone should have a bottle of Puregreen 24 I spray it on both sides of my mask to keep it sanitized, basically because I'm too lazy to wash it.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Prayers for a swift recovery & hopes that it doesn't rear it's ugly head up again. Once is enough!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    Hey Larry, sorry a bit late to the party. I hope your wife recovers quickly.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Thanks you guys, going to Tool was not even a thought, I could never leave her here and really enjoy it. She even told me to go, and she would feel bad that I didn’t go. I know where I need to be. Really the hard part is eating the money, but still not that important..

A man who knows where his priorities lie, refreshing. Hope you and your wife get well soon!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Options
    Hope your wife feels better soon Larry.Keep safe.