I'm blown away..

Options
After building a new interconnect cable, gluing the magnets, adding dynamat to all the drivers, making sure everything looked good within the cabinets, I setup my "new" crs's in my room, adjusted them, and I'm blown away at the imaging. I put on the The Outlaws, which is a great album to showcase these speakers because of the 3 lead guitar players, and at times it sounds like they are playing about 4 feet to the left and right of each speaker, and 2 feet closer. So frickn cool sounding, I'm hooked. Will slowly rebuild the x-overs once I get used to this, more posts and questions to come.
Thx.

Comments

• Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    Options
    Congratulations! I must admit I am slightly jealous. I remember feeling the same way about my 2Bs when I finally got them set up right and that initial blown away feeling is hard to replicate for any amount of money.

Adding new RD0198 or 194 tweeters (TL or not) will result in another noticeable improvement. If you have the single crossover board 4th gen CRS you should be able to mod them to accept the RD0198 tweeters and that would be the way to go. Otherwise the 194 would be drop in replacements for your SL2000s.
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    Welcome to the rabbit hole, LMS B)
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • lms
    lms Posts: 26
    edited January 2022
    Options
    They came with 194s and the original stands. I have 198s in my 10s, but I like the sound from the 194s, so I'm good.