Looking for (current) L/R speakers to match LCiM706c

Hello. First time poster here. Upon an impulse, I purchased a (black) LCiM706c speaker thinking it would greatly improve my ability to follow dialog in movies. It would replace the center speaker of my KEF5005 5.1 series. Now being a little more informed, I am learning that this may not have been the smartest thing to do when it comes to timbre matching. As such, I am leaning to also replace my current L/R speakers. Unfortunately, I am now also realizing that the LCiM series has been discontinued (sigh), and only on eBay do I find some 'customer-returned' LCiM703 speakers (cherry). So, I am in a pickle on this. My question to the forum: are there any more current speakers that would reasonably timbre-match the LCiM706c? May be a pair of the Legend series? Or alternatively, anyone know of a site/store that still offers the LCim703? Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    The Legend or Reserve speaker lines are close enough in sound signature to the LSiM series to use them together. I've used all three lines together. An all Legend or all Reserve or all LSiM system is best but not mandatory.

My preference if all of the speakers were available to me would be the LSiM705 floorstanders with the LSiM 706C.
  • DapperD
    DapperD Posts: 19
    edited January 2022
    Thank you! That makes me a feel a bit better. The LSiM series (any of them) are virtually impossible to find these days, but I’m heartened that the Legend and Reserve series are a good option
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    The Reserve series is great bang for the buck especially if you can wait for a sale. Polk just offered Forum members a great deal recently and they will happen again most likely. As mentioned, the Reserve series will be close in sound signature. That 706 is a nice center.
  • DapperD
    Thank you for the response. Well...... the center speaker got just delivered, but I found the speaker (and the styrofoam) completely destroyed inside a reasonably intact shipping box.... I knew it was "factory refurbished" but this is unacceptable of course. I already contacted the vendor what needs to happen next but clearly this speaker is no longer an option.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Yeah, the LSiM towers and bookshelves were reasonably well protected for shipment and I got all of those shipped intact but the LSiM706C factory packaging was awful for such a big speaker. My first was banged up in ground shipment but the second was sent by next day air with no issues.
  • dromunds
    Make them send you another
  • DapperD
    Update: the vendor, together with Polk Audio, sent me a second refurbished speaker. This one arrived fine and seems to work as expected. So, all is well that ends well. I have the first (badly damaged) speaker as well. I guess I will just discard that one unless there is a good reason to hold on to it. Any thoughts? Or in case anyone is interested in collecting the speaker (in central NC), I'll be happy to donate it.
  • dromunds
    There aren’t any parts you can salvage? The crossovers, none of the drivers? Nothing?
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Where in central NC are you? I have a LSIM 706C in need of a tweeter, I'd be happy to take it off your habnds
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • DapperD
    dromunds wrote: »
    There aren’t any parts you can salvage? The crossovers, none of the drivers? Nothing?
    I don't have that knowledge....

but... I am in touch with Stangman and he will have a good use for it (hopefully).