Reserve R700 vs Rti12/A9

Options
Hello. I currently have a pair Rti12s paired with a Lsim 706c for my front stage. I have really been considering getting the new Reserve R700 towers. My question is how will the R700s compare to my Rti12s? Also would the R700s go well with my Lsim706c?

Comments

• ocho817
    Options
    I’ve gotta imagine the r700’s would blend so much better with your lsim center channel. I’m currently thinking about upgrading my rtia9’s and csia6, I personally would always timber match the front soundstage.
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited December 2021
    Options
    ocho817 wrote: »
    I personally would always timber match the front soundstage.
    Yes and “YES!” on timber matching.

Decide which takes in the direction you want to go: Lsim 706c CC or the RTi 12 towers. I’ll assume you’re heading towards HT in one form or another. While I’ve never heard either, I’m inclined to suggest matching your choices to your CC. Your CC, I think though I may be wrong, is superior to the RTi/RTi A series CC offerings. Wait for others to chime in.

Your towers are the similar predecessor to the RTi A9*, the big brother/flagship to the A7s** and the rest of the RTi A series. So I have an idea of their sound signature.
    *identical driver complement, similar XO circuitry, obviously different closure
    ** check my sig for A7 ownership.

Regardless while I was assembling my system, I used what I had (different makes and models). As I replaced the various channels w/ timber matched speakers, I realized/enjoyed greatly improved transparency and coherency. I experienced the same w/ amplifiers.

My nickel and a half

Happy New Year. Tony
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work