Don't Look Up! Netflix original

Just finished watching this. Awesome! Once in a while Hollywood throws out a controversial movie that hits a home run!
Gustard X26 Pro DAC
Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus

Comments

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    They didn't listen to by beloved Michigan State University Spartan scholars. They were more concerned with dope stuff, lol! It's a good movie.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • jonicont
    jonicont Posts: 277
    Loved it. "Just want to say a prayer for stuff"--LOL
    SDA 2BTL, VPI Prime, Soundsmith Zephyr MKIII, Rogue Ares Magnum, McCormack DNA 0.5 Gold, ARC LS-17se, Cambridge cxn v2, MIT AVT MA ic’s and speaker cables, ps audio stellar power plant 3

• One reviewer quote

"While Writer/Directer McKay says the movie was intended as a metaphor for climate change deniers, 2021 viewers will see a lot of similarities to the COVID-19 pandemic. (For instance, the way the mere act of “looking up” becomes politicized is eerily reminiscent of the political discourse over whether or not to wear a mask during the coronavirus.)"

🧐
    Sal Palooza
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    One reviewer quote

"While Writer/Directer McKay says the movie was intended as a metaphor for climate change deniers, 2021 viewers will see a lot of similarities to the COVID-19 pandemic. (For instance, the way the mere act of “looking up” becomes politicized is eerily reminiscent of the political discourse over whether or not to wear a mask during the coronavirus.)"

🧐

That is exactly how the wife, and I saw it..
  • That was really something as a Black Comedy for sure. Watching it around the holidays may not have been the best timing but I liked it. The sociopathic BASH CEO seemed somewhat Tim Cook(ish) lol. I hope I don't get eaten by a Brontaroc but I don't want to know........
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    I liked it. It's a bit scary how our society and politics are dangerously close to getting there...

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    That was really something as a Black Comedy for sure. Watching it around the holidays may not have been the best timing but I liked it. The sociopathic BASH CEO seemed somewhat Tim Cook(ish) lol. I hope I don't get eaten by a Brontaroc but I don't want to know........

Actually, I saw Jeff Bezos. Cook, has been fighting climate for years. Bezoar, not so much. Check out his interviews about his rocket. LOL.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Noticed the only survivors were the billionaires and the heads of state (and her son if you watched the very end after the credits)
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Yeah, when she gets eaten by the alien Dinosaur at the end....priceless. I thought it was probably one of the worst movies I've seen considering all the major star talent in it. Yes, it was tongue in cheek and made fun of current situations, but still...on the level of those American pie movies. Best thing I can say about is...at least it was a tad different. Just a tad....because we have had our fill of comets hitting the earth movies, end of the planet movies by what ever means. Just craving for an original thought coming out of Hollyweird.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    tonyb wrote: »
    ... Just craving for an original thought coming out of Hollyweird.

Good luck with that! Right now their running out of reruns to rerun.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC