The Vault for stereo gear.

gudnoyez
gudnoyez Posts: 8,105
edited December 2021 in The Clubhouse
I recently bought my neighbors house and I'm renting it to my Daughter as she currently rents her house to her son and and his girlfriend. She was all for it as this house is bigger than hers has a huge garage and it rents out less than what her house payment is crazy what a 2.3% intrest VA loan can get you.

It came with this huge Browning Vault it was to big to get it out the basement and he let me have it as there is no way to get it up the steps and across the deck. I'm not even sure how he got it down there. I heard a 4 wheeler with a winch was involved with some man power he said getting it down was quite the task and he didn't want to even attempt to hoist it back up so he said its yours.

I have no use for this as a gun safe as I already have one full of guns and ammo and would have to spend a lot of coin to fill this monster up. I think I'm going to use this one as a storage vault for all my unused stereo equipment as my daughter dont want nothing to do with this beast. It is lighted and has a hook up for a dehumidifier so I'm thinking this will be the perfect storage for unused amps, and all the other gear I've accumulated. Does anyone think stored in this running a dehumidifier is good for stereo equipment. I think so maybe get some closet space back for the wife. I have yet found any other use for it and don't want to even attempt to move it.

1j0rokuiwmgv.jpg
2rhpojhrhiju.jpg
x0va52uzir7t.jpg

Anyone have any ideas on what to use this for besides what it is intended for?

Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,251
    Remove the shelves, store the bodies.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,521
    How is it for moisture? Just thinking about stereo gear and moisture do not mix

Looks awesome though, easily could drill some holes and let Russ stay in there on the weekends to keep him out of the bushes
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,275
    edited December 2021
    Dayum That's purtty!!
    If that is what you use it for(which I'm envious) I'd put a shelf in it and not store anything on the bottom. Just in case for whatever reason you get a foot or more water in the basement.
    Now before you say it can't happen, I would have said the same until June of this year. 25+ years my parents lived in this house never a drop of water down there. It happens.
    That sucker cost a pretty penny.

That guy must of had a GREAT collection of gear.
  • gudnoyez
    edited December 2021
    Well the dehumidifier is for keeping the moisture out of it for basement storage to keep guns free of rust so I'm assuming it will keep moisture out of it also is flood and fire rated. I bet if I took the shelfs out I could store a big ol pair of SDA's in it and then some.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,275
    Yes Steve I aware of the golden rod for humidity. If it's flood and fire rated then no worries. Many are fire rated I was not aware that they could also be waterproof.

Yes that looks Huuuge.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,599
    Time to start your cigar collection.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,467
    You can use it for anything you want to lock up, use your imagination... My late grandpa had a safe that looked like that. He bought it from a bank that closed up. They brought it home on a flatbed and lowered it to the basement (outside access) with a tractor. He said it dang near pulled the tractor into the basement and cracked the concrete floor. It's still there keeping my grandma company. It'll still be there when someone pushes the place in probably...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    If you forget the combination to open it, is there a way to recover the combo or otherwise open it? Just wondering
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,109
    A good friend had a used audio store locally that was originally built as a bank. There was a safe built into the basement about the size of a very large closet and that's where he stored all his extra raw drivers.
    If it was me having that gun safe in the basement I'd try listing it for it's intended purpose on a gun related site avoiding fb marketplace at all costs. Who knows it may be a very valuable safe to someone with a large collection.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,163
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Yes Steve I aware of the golden rod

Yes that looks Huuuge.

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 5,032
    Store your Bitcoin in it.
  • gudnoyez
    dromunds wrote: »
    If you forget the combination to open it, is there a way to recover the combo or otherwise open it? Just wondering

There is a key in case
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Yes Steve I aware of the golden rod for humidity. If it's flood and fire rated then no worries. Many are fire rated I was not aware that they could also be waterproof.

Yes that looks Huuuge.

He had a Hornady dehumidifier in it but took it with him, I plan on getting a 24 inch Golden Rod for it. Pretty sure flood proof is to an extent with six inches or more water it would probably breach it after a period of time water tends to eventually penetrate most anything given time.
    A good friend had a used audio store locally that was originally built as a bank. There was a safe built into the basement about the size of a very large closet and that's where he stored all his extra raw drivers.
    If it was me having that gun safe in the basement I'd try listing it for it's intended purpose on a gun related site avoiding fb marketplace at all costs. Who knows it may be a very valuable safe to someone with a large collection.

Only problem with listing it is getting it out that's why the guy gave it up with the purchase of the house he said it would be nearly impossible and he would rather buy another than have to deal with it. I will store equipment in it instead of ruining the house trying to get it out.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,945
    I got a crazy Idea.....though I did like the storing of the bodies idea, how about making it into a giant time capsule.

Place things in it depicting family history, maybe your thoughts over the years, presents for grandkids that can be given long after your gone. Maybe a special gift for someone to open 20 years from now. Things like newspapers depicting life before and after covid. A video tape, last will, anything that will leave a bit of you, into the future minds of your family. Endless possibilities ....

Can also store Russ in there until his wedding day, just a thought.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable