How do I hook up LSI speakers to my Denon 5308?

Options
Hello! I’m wanting to know how to hook up my LSI speakers to my Denon 5308ci receiver. I’m not an AV guy, new to all this. I do NOT want to use a separate amplifier. I have read in some other forums it’s recommended to use a separate high current amplifier with the Polk LSI’s due to them being 4ohm speakers. However, I have also read that the 5308 produces plenty of current to safely drive 4ohm speakers and I will fine. That being said, how do I hook these up? Do I just simply wire them up to the respective speaker terminals for L,R,C etc? What about the built in amplifiers in my LSI25’s? I don’t want to damage them by incorrectly wiring them up.

I’m just looking for a 5.1 system although I do not have a subwoofer yet. Here is my system:

Denon AVR-5308ci
Polk LSI 25 (2)
Polk LSIfx (2)
Polk LSIc (1)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again I’m a novice!

Answers

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,623
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hook them up like any normal speaker. The back of the 5308 has speaker ouputs labeled for all your speakers. LSi25 will go to the front outputs on the receiver. Make sure the binding post straps are in place on the LSi25 and positive to positive and negative to negative.
    The 5308 IIRC has both surround and surround back. Hook the LSifx to the surround speaker outputs. The surround back is more of a center channel for the back stage. You could try both to see which you prefer, I do know on my receiver that if you want to hear the airplane fly from front to back the surround back will not play that info, it needs to be the surround channel.