Polk SDA-SRS 1.2TL's

nooshinjohn
nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
edited December 2021 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Up for sale is the very last thing I ever thought I could part with. My nicely restored 1.2TL's come with new crossovers featuring Gimpod's boards, Sonicap/Mills/Dueland components, upgraded binding posts and plates. They also have Larry's rings. RDO's and reproduction crossover plates, which have been signed by none other than Matt Polk himself! The speaker grills and sides have been recovered with cloth from Magnepan. Included in the sale will be a complete set of Polk Audio RM7500 surround speakers, and the Dreadnaught SDA interconnect.

The only thing I would do to these if I were to have kept them is redo the bottoms, as the spikes that were used did some damage to the wood, which is not visible unless you tip them over. Price for Polkies is $2250.00, and they will be listed elsewhere if there is no sale on these in the works by Monday'12/6...

Local pickup on these, as they are way too big to ship... Pictures will be up tomorrow.

Thanks for looking!
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
Post edited by nooshinjohn on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,937
    The l800 won? 😜
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited December 2021
    VR3 wrote: »
    The l800 won? 😜

I am just as shocked as you are... the L800 finally opened up in a big way over the past week. Any weaknesses I have in my setup are due to room treatments and not the speakers. The TL's just overpowered the room and masked that deficiency.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    The l800 won? 😜

I am just as shocked as you are... the L800 finally opened up in a big way over the past week. Any weaknesses I have in my setup are due to room treatments and not the speakers. The TL's just overpowered the room and masked that deficiency.

That’s an interesting comment. I have had an upgrade itch for some time now, and they might do it for my HT/stereo system. Keep us updated.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    Up for sale is the very last thing I ever thought I could part with. My nicely restored 1.2 TL's....

No way! Well good to hear you're liking the the L800's. GLWTS.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,034
    Wow that didn't take long. Someone is going to have a very merry Christmas with these destination speakers.
  • Where are they located?
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,457
    Wow, just wow... I'm impressed...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,469
    Wow
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    KurtKenya wrote: »
    Where are they located?

Hey Kurt! Are you one of those prince's? You know, who like to buy things with money orders?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Dang you John, for you to move the 'Old Legends' onto a new home, you're really making regret not picking up a pair of the L800's when they were on sale ;)

GLWTS, the new owner will be very happy!
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 600
    ... Pictures will be up tomorrow.

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    I haven't gotten any offers yet for these speakers... I would at least like to make certain the signed crossover plates stay in the family, so if anyone would like to have them, all I ask is that they send me theirs so I can swap them out if needed.

PM sent on the plates.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • nooshinjohn
    Replied to... Still no takers on the speakers. They will be posted for sale to the world tomorrow.

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Can’t believe these haven’t sold. If I had the money they would come to Tennessee.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • nooshinjohn
    vmaxer wrote: »
    Can’t believe these haven’t sold. If I had the money they would come to Tennessee.

I am willing to assist with shipping these, but the buyer would need to set it all up. I can also deliver in a radius of 200 miles from Los Angeles.

• nooshinjohn
    scubalab wrote: »
    Had the pleasure of getting some quality listening time on these with my daughter, John, and his family a couple years ago. Very impressive. I do hope someone in the Polk family gets them. They were most impressive both in looks and sound.

Hope you and the family are well and… Good luck with the sale!

I was honored to have you here, and you are welcome back any time. B)

• I know I'm new here, but I asked a straightforward question. I am a real person with real interest.

Having not received an answer, I nosed around on other threads. It sounds like the answer is somewhere in southern CA. That's unfortunate - I live in CT.
  • la2vegas
    ... Pictures will be up tomorrow.

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,937
    The good news is that they look just like 1.2tl
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • la2vegas
    edited December 2021
    The good news is that they look just like 1.2tl

The good news is that there are probably 5 Polkies within 50 miles of John, and I'm one of them...

It just so happens that the 1 2's are the only vintage Polks that I would even consider purchasing.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    You could PM him.
  • la2vegas
    I'm on his banned list. :D
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    Then I think it's safe to say that he won't be selling them to you.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    sgpq2zgrfgxn.jpeg

I always loved your setup...