why doesn't my Signa S2 remote not work?

Options
I have the sound bar connected to an optical cable since my two HDMI ports are already full with cable connection and a Google Chromecast. One of those ports is an ARC port but I need cable and the Chromecast.

I installed the supplied battery and there is no joy - doesn't turn bar on or off, doesn't alter volume and doesn't affect equalizer functions. How do I know whether the remote is faulty or some other factor?

Answers

• SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    I'll ask a friend at Polk to contact you via email.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,842
    Options
    Davwein wrote: »
    I have the sound bar connected to an optical cable since my two HDMI ports are already full with cable connection and a Google Chromecast. One of those ports is an ARC port but I need cable and the Chromecast.

I installed the supplied battery and there is no joy - doesn't turn bar on or off, doesn't alter volume and doesn't affect equalizer functions. How do I know whether the remote is faulty or some other factor?

I believe the manual states you must use the optical and HDMI ARC.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Davwein
    Options
    Polk advertising says HDMI *or* optical and some posts here state that if you only have optical then you must use the remote. I'm trying to trouble shoot why the remote doesn't work beside the issue of batteries... The remote should operate the sound bar regardless of how its connected to the TV
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    I believe Kim Jasper has sent you an email from Polk.
  • Davwein
    Options
    So I researched the remote issue. Turns out things don't go well if you don't remove the paper wrap on the bottom of the battery. The remote is wireless, but not the battery. Hey I was setting this thing up at midnight.