Paradigm Signature V1

OOsemka
OOsemka Posts: 60
edited June 2012 in Speakers
Hello,

I am about to pull the trigger on used Paradigm Signature V1 (S8, S2 and C5). The price is right and visually they are mint. Anyone had a chance to listen to them? Are there any issues. I am currently on RTiA7, CSIA6 and FXIA6 upgraded crossovers by Trey. Is that significant upgrade? I would appreciate any thoughts before I drop few thousands on them.
Music Room:
Paradigm Signature S8
Paradigm Signature C5
Paradigm Signature S2
Receiver - Onkyo tx-nr809
Amplifier - Adcom 5802

Office system:
Fronts - Polk RTI A7 (Trey Mod)
Center - Polk CSI A6 (Trey Mod)
Rears - Polk FXI A6
Sub - BIC F12
Receiver - SONY STR-DG1000
Amp - Carver TFM-35
Post edited by OOsemka on

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,582
    edited June 2012
    Best suggestion is see if you can demo them beforehand to make sure you like the sound. Bring some music/movies your very familiar with to see how things sound for you.

Are you purchasing from a dealer or a private party or the web?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • OOsemka
    edited June 2012
    It is private person. They look mint on the pictures and the guy is a first owner, just moving to smaller place. I had a chance to listen to Signature S8 v3 and liked them a lot. I was wondering if there would be much difference. The price is also significantly below the market value and the person still have original boxes for everything.
    Music Room:
    Paradigm Signature S8
    Paradigm Signature C5
    Paradigm Signature S2
    Amplifier - Adcom 5802

Office system:
    Rears - Polk FXI A6
    Sub - BIC F12
    Amp - Carver TFM-35
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,582
    edited June 2012
    OOsemka wrote: »
    It is private person. They look mint on the pictures and the guy is a first owner, just moving to smaller place. I had a chance to listen to Signature S8 v3 and liked them a lot. I was wondering if there would be much difference. The price is also significantly below the market value and the person still have original boxes for everything.

If the price is right and your interested and you know you can sell them for at or above what you paid, do it.

Test them out for a bit against your RTi's and see which you like better. Sell the other.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited June 2012
    I own the S8's in V1 and V3, and actually prefer the v1's. The tweeter is a little brighter, but after toning it down it can sing. The C5 is a beast of a center...I'm jealous. If you end up doing HT, I highly suggest the Paradigm Sig sub25, or a pair if you have the means. What finish are they? Here are a couple of pics of my speaks.

2.jpg

DSC04539.jpg
  • OOsemka
    edited June 2012
    @bdaley6509 - what a coincidence, I was trying to convince my wife yesterday that cherry is going to work fine with our dark furniture and I found your pictures on google image finder and now you posted them here.
    I am getting the entire set for about $3k, so I thought this was a great deal.
    Thank you for your comments. I will definitely consider Sig sub25
    Music Room:
    Paradigm Signature S8
    Paradigm Signature C5
    Paradigm Signature S2
    Amplifier - Adcom 5802

Office system:
    Rears - Polk FXI A6
    Sub - BIC F12
    Amp - Carver TFM-35
  • I so much like this particular speaker
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,289
    nine and a half years. nice
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius