Good customer service from Acoustic Sounds

Options
A month or so ago I bought a recording from Acoustic Sounds, the newly released John Coltrane in Seattle on Impulse. When I received it and cleaned it before the first listening I noticed a fairly severe circular shaped scratch on side A. I contacted Acoustic Sounds via email and within a couple of days they arranged for a prepaid shipping label and I used the original packing box (outstanding package, by the way) and back it went. A week or so later I sent an email asking about the status. They responded within a couple of days told me that my return was scheduled to be evaluated the following Monday. On that Tuesday I was sent a message saying a replacement would be sent as quickly as possible. I played the new replacement today and it sounded fine, no noise at all.
This is the first time I've had to send a record back and I must say it was handled very nicely. I can recommend this company very highly.

Comments

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    I've purchased more than a few records from A.S. and only had one incident, it was handled just as yours was. You might pay a touch more, but the service that goes along with the sale is well worth it. And yes, their packaging is second to none.
  • DividedSky
    Options
    Love Acoustic Sounds. I will say I’ve gotten good customer service from music direct as well.
    Primary: Doshi V3.0 pre and phonostage, Vandersteen M5-HPA, Vandersteen Quatro CT, AMG viella, Goldfinger Statement, AQ Niagara 5000, AQ IC and power cords, Mapleshade Samson V.5

Secondary: Nakamichi PA7, Nak CA5, Polk LS90, Sota Sapphire, Sumiko MDC800, Van den hul Crimson
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,433
    Options
    Turntable Lab has great packing and customer service for vinyl records, too.

I picked up a few records recently, all new presses. They sound fantastic compared to earlier versions from a different label, but 5 of the 6 records in the three 2-record sets are warped to varying degrees. Vinyl is exceptionally clean and beautiful, otherwise.

I contacted them, and was greeted with quick, friendly customer service. During the discussions, I decided to keep the records, having just recently picked up an edge clamp. Warps addressed, and they still offered me 20% back since they weren't pristine. I suspect the exchanges may have been problematic, as well, anyway.

I ordered some cleaning accessories from them after this. @Clipdat turned me on to this company sharing that they were offering his favorite Mazzy Star album.
    I disabled signatures.
  • DividedSky
    DividedSky Posts: 108
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Which Mazzy Star is that? Don’t have any of her albums but definitely want to get something
    Primary: Doshi V3.0 pre and phonostage, Vandersteen M5-HPA, Vandersteen Quatro CT, AMG viella, Goldfinger Statement, AQ Niagara 5000, AQ IC and power cords, Mapleshade Samson V.5

Secondary: Nakamichi PA7, Nak CA5, Polk LS90, Sota Sapphire, Sumiko MDC800, Van den hul Crimson
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,433
    Options
    DividedSky wrote: »
    Which Mazzy Star is that? Don’t have any of her albums but definitely want to get something

Long running joke, DS:D Clipdat hates Mazzy Star as much as I dislike The Beatles.

Among My Swan is a good one, just make sure it's the 2015 pressing or later. They're all pretty good, though, and so is Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions. I'd say check them out on streaming first to see which you like best.
    I disabled signatures.
  • DividedSky
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    DividedSky wrote: »

Long running joke, DS:D Clipdat hates Mazzy Star as much as I dislike The Beatles.

Among My Swan is a good one, just make sure it's the 2015 pressing or later. They're all pretty good, though, and so is Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions. I'd say check them out on streaming first to see which you like best.

Classic. You apparently needled Clipdat and snared a new guy all in one go.