Recent outings - Photos

Options
Mark and a couple of other folks recently posted a couple of really cool pics of what they see either at home or during their travels. Traveling is something I really, REALLY enjoy (even though I don't really get away much....go figure), so I thought it would be nice to share with everyone those photos that folks would want to share with one another.

So here goes... (I'll start)

78i5v2kbnpjn.png
m02qa7mvz6to.png
prr4l1cwm3et.png
o79i82i2g9y7.png

These were all from the Shenandoah Mountains about 2 or 3 weeks ago near Grandfather Mountain.

When you are out and about....would you be willing share your priceless memories with us? (Not the private ones, please.....I have seen some of you)

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Tis' the season with all the fall colors...great pics

FYI That yellow line is a divider, not a line to follow :D:D:D

....But I've been there ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,543
    Options
    Well here lately things are kinda more like the below lol…

9duzta1oqyjn.jpeg

But here’s a snap of a nice little car taken in Cades Cove TN earlier this year.

Wish this bad boy was mine!

hzk0nbcjeb1p.jpeg
    06re1qffdl1j.jpeg
    g8uyexfw1ovk.jpeg
    qaex1kk0wpre.jpeg
    0pvzaflk2mt7.jpeg
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Comment in the Youtube thread...
    This song makes me want to play Wii without the safety strap on.
    :D:D:D

https://youtu.be/egMWlD3fLJ8
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,403
    Options
    Cades Cove, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are almost a yearly (if not twice a year) destination for us. Great area but TBT, we try to stay away from the "touresty" thing. Is that even a word?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,011
    Options
    I think it's "touristy"...like 'tourist' plus a 'y' ;) Great pics, guys!
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • treitz3
    Options
    Splelling was never my strong suite. Knaw'mean?

Tim
  • halen
    halen Posts: 677
    Options
    Very nice man. I would love to post all my road trip pics this year. I find the great outdoors to be so much more than sitting here typing in a digital world.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,543
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Cades Cove, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are almost a yearly (if not twice a year) destination for us. Great area but TBT, we try to stay away from the "touresty" thing. Is that even a word?

Tom

Yeah been there done that stuff (many times).

I enjoy just doing some hikes and reading a book or two on the porch listening to the birds and wildlife.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,524
    Options
    Cabin in the woods.

Hochatown, OK

80mfdjgwa4pu.jpeg
    4eix6b40owd1.jpeg
    xvy0ef1j4etj.jpeg
    34eq0sd88onl.jpeg
    3e7mkd9w9lce.jpeg
    n38wp7manyho.jpeg
    97cacnp5xye4.jpeg
    8jpkv4bapfu4.jpeg
    bjz7uvzbklaq.jpeg

jugdso20pnmp.jpeg
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,030
    Options
    Desoto State Park near Mentone, Ala last weekend
    tvln6g23m21n.jpg
    nsckhh7d95j3.jpg
    37ogb426udx6.jpg
    vkdad9b6xirh.jpg
    qw7vj9348kc7.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,639
    Options
    Lake Huron near Greenbush, MI.

qb6h6g72fj6d.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,091
    Options
    some very magnificent photos in this thread!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,091
    Options
    ^^^ nice.

I have to apologize in advance, but I now feel compelled to offer a bit of Krakow humor.

mi6js8thm6c4.png

Don't judge me.
    :#

• treitz3
    Options
    Have fun brother! Try and stay warm.

Tom
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,011
    Options
    Thanks, and true dat on staying warm! We hope to do a little night fishing for the big brownies B)
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    edited November 2021
    Options
    neovpud71gr5.jpeg

If on a cell, angle it for widescreen view; much better.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • mark090852
    Options
    Off-roading in the high country near Telluride, CO. fv39wn2281az.jpg
    cxlohc3p4310.jpg
    ql41i6up03af.jpg
    32svf1ovwzb5.jpg
    perfdqa4vsqa.jpg
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,030
    Options
    Enjoyed Lake Martin near Alex, Ala last Sunday
    zmilxvyt21bp.jpg
    a5iq14nryk3e.jpg
    vkcm4uctnvyy.jpg
    iu7c4b8ea9w3.jpg
    Overlook view before we reached the water
    n110tmnvn5gs.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.