Signatures

Options
Since everyone is discussing signatures lately. how about this? Everyone go to their profile page, https://forum.polkaudio.com/profile/(username)

At the bottom under Activity, post your signature (equipment, speakers, etc.). Then delete your actual signature (edit profile>signature settings). If someone goes to your profile page, they can view your gear. If you don't want them to, set your profile page to private or don't list your equipment. When you post under Activity on your page, I think it stays on your page, and will also show up for a short time on the main Activity Wall until it gets buried with new activities: https://forum.polkaudio.com/activity

Comments

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Can the spoiler formatting be used for signatures if they get too long? Hasn’t at least one member used that previously?
    Alea jacta est!
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    I can't think of that kid's name. He hasn't been around in awhile. He must have discovered girls.

Yes, it's not like anyone actually uses the spoiler button to hide a spoiler around here. They just blurt out the surprise before I've seen the movie.

• Hermitism
    Options
    @mlistens03 Couldn't think of his name to save my life. Where's Micah?

Where did he go?
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,385
    Options
    He's back ruling the gnomes. We might see him again next year.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,480
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Does my signature show?
    I disabled signatures.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    @mlistens03 Couldn't think of his name to save my life. Where's Micah?

Where did he go?

I have been summoned… 🙃

I got too busy for audio unfortunately. I tried to get back into it when time became more available, but then I realized that if I didn’t spend lots of money on audio things I could spend lots of money on car things. so I’m doing car things now. Just bought a Volvo S60R with the six speed manual. This could end up being PFB with the Porsche lol. I don’t have any skinny jeans though!

Whatever the case I’m still alive and kicking :) stereo still getting daily use, though it is largely unchanged from my last posts here
  • mlistens03
    Options
    How are things going here? The format is very different than it was and I’m struggling a bit to find things…
  • Hermitism
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Does my signature show?
    I don't know I have sigs disabled.

Micah, welcome back. You don't have to talk about audio. You can talk about cars here, too. In fact, you can talk about a car for months and not even buy it.

• mlistens03
    Options
    Does my signature show?

Micah, welcome back. You don't have to talk about audio. You can talk about cars here, too. In fact, you can talk about a car for months and not even buy it.

Has John still not bought a Hellcat? Or was it something else? I can’t remember now lol
  • Hermitism
    Options
    Hellcat, Corvette, I can't keep track.
  • Hermitism
    Options
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    How are things going here? The format is very different than it was and I’m struggling a bit to find things…
    It's awful. Some links are invisible. They are there, but you can not see them unless you hover over them with your pointer.

• mlistens03
    Options
    It's awful. Some links are invisible. They are there, but you can not see them unless you hover over them with your pointer.

That sounds like some excellent website design! What nincompoop approved this change? Is it any better on a desktop? I’m on my phone right now

To try and keep the thread somewhat on topic, I did use the spoiler button for my signature. I don’t remember if I removed it entirely or not though. I do know that I turned them off after awhile
  • Hermitism
    Options
    You don't have to stay on topic in my threads.

Polk/Vanilla knows about the forum issues but they don't care enough to fix the problems. It's better now. When it first changed, the site was down for weeks but they didn't bother to give us a heads up, so we thought the forum was gone for good. Then when it came back the background was bright white and the text was grey. It was like looking into the sun and trying to read.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Does my signature show?

Nope, you're still the invisible man
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,385
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

Tom
    Sorry, Micha. I was actually thinking about the "other" Micha on the forum. Good to see you still around too.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mlistens03
    Options

Polk/Vanilla knows about the forum issues but they don't care enough to fix the problems. It's better now. When it first changed, the site was down for weeks but they didn't bother to give us a heads up, so we thought the forum was gone for good. Then when it came back the background was bright white and the text was grey. It was like looking into the sun and trying to read.

Damn that sucks. Hopefully they’ll decide that they care… though how long have I been gone now, a year? If they haven’t fixed it in that time then they probably never will :(
  • Hermitism
    Options
    You should stick around, Polk had been giving the forum members special deals/discounts on their speaker lines.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    You should stick around, Polk had been giving the forum members special deals/discounts on their speaker lines.

I intend to and will do so - but I can’t say I’ll be buying any equipment, the aforementioned Volvo is currently in control of my wallet ;) worth it though! Maybe I’ll pick up a pair of those new Reserve line bookies eventually, though I’m still quite happy with my Martin Logan’s 🤷🏻‍♂️ Now that I’m here I give it a week before I get bitten by the bug and my car takes the back seat. ;)
  • mlistens03
    Options

Tom
    Sorry, Micha. I was actually thinking about the "other" Micha on the forum. Good to see you still around too.

Tom

You’re good Tom! No biggie
  • Kex
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Does my signature show?
    Yes. It shows that you disabled signatures, with all sorts of rudeness directed at @Hermitism! 😂
    Alea jacta est!
  • msg
    Options
    Perfect!
    I disabled signatures.
  • Kex
    Options
    So the spoiler option is interesting, but it stands out a bit (white background), and takes up quite a bit of space.

Could still be an option for those who want to add a lot of information to their signature.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    Options
    Just bought a Volvo S60R with the six speed manual.

Nice car, Micah!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,986
    Options

Damn that sucks. Hopefully they’ll decide that they care… though how long have I been gone now, a year? If they haven’t fixed it in that time then they probably never will :(

Dayum? Dayum?!? Aren’t you a good homeschooled evangelical? Watch that potty mouth!!! (And my mom hated “sucks” almost as much as any “official” curse word 😂).
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,614
    Options
    Does my signature show?

OUCH!!
  • msg
    Options
    Does my signature show?

LOLOL
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    Options
    SelfreliantWaryBear-size_restricted.gif

• msg
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Nice car, Micah!
    What year is it, Micah? Same one The Saint drives?

When Micah started talking about cars, I envisioned this. This is a photo of Micah and his dad with Herb Tarlek after he left WKRP. In Cincinnati. Micah is wearing a pink shirt in this photo.
    n210kuoqt3d9.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,477
    Options
    Back in the 90's I bought a station wagon that size 1 week before our trip up to MooseHead Lake to our new cabin. I loaded on a canoe & all the luggage & Rebecca my youngest refuse to get in. She said she felt like Harry & the Henderson's
    Randy/Maine
  • mlistens03
    Options

Nice car, Micah!

Thanks! Spent the better part of a year and a half trying to find one. Wanted a VR but they were too expensive, I paid $3300, and I'd be lucky to find a V70 T5 with the five speed for that price. (granted I was lucky to find this one for that price too, especially with the active suspension still functioning) :)
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Dayum? Dayum?!? Aren’t you a good homeschooled evangelical? Watch that potty mouth!!! (And my mom hated “sucks” almost as much as any “official” curse word 😂).

Yeah a lot has gone down in my life since I left. I still try not to curse but apparently my filter wasn't working the other night lol, sorry! Didn't even realize I'd said that tbh. My mom never said anything about the word sucks, though variations of that would end in being grounded
    Nice car, Micah!
    What year is it, Micah? Same one The Saint drives?

When Micah started talking about cars, I envisioned this. This is a photo of Micah and his dad with Herb Tarlek after he left WKRP. In Cincinnati. Micah is wearing a pink shirt in this photo.
    n210kuoqt3d9.png

I can't say I can pick up on who the Saint is... But it's an 04. I was hoping for an 05+ because the Haldex AWD is supposed to be stronger, and a couple of other things, but I also liked the contrast of the plastic trim, and the price was right ;) and in any case none of the AWD systems are exactly durable... In fact mine is currently inoperable and I'm 99% sure it's a bad DEM (Differential Electronic Module). I'll pull it out in a day or three and probably send it off to XeMoDeX to be rebuilt or replaced. I'll probably replace the AOC pump and filters while I am in there. The big question is what else will be broken when I put the DEM back in... Welcome to Volvo R ownership

That wagon is so hideous I love it. I wuuaaaant it... That's not a real car, right? It looks like a mish-mash of a bunch of things

I'll come back in a second and post pictures but they're on my phone so I've gotta switch over :)