For Sale: Grant Fidelity TubeDac 11 - $225 shipped.

Options
I've been using this on my computer rig for several years now but rarely do I listen to this setup anymore. You don't see these for sale often so it's hard to determine the value but a few in the past couple of years have gone for $250-ish. I'm thinking $225 shipped should be about right. Original cost was $475.
This is a DAC/pre-amp/headphone amp that uses a 6922 tube in the output stage. You can actually bypass the tube stage for straight solid-state. I use it connected to a pair of Fostex powered monitors and it sounds great. This will ship with a vintage Sylvania JAN 6922 installed.
It has analog, spdif, optical and USB inputs and analog outputs. Headphone output on the front panel. Condition is very good with a few small dings/scratches.

Here is a link to all the info you could possibly need on this unit.
shop.grantfidelity.com/Grant-Fidelity-TubeDAC-11-D-A-Converter.html

d0h3wcxwv15z.jpg
p3gp8fet8hjz.jpg
tcr8muitsn0w.jpg
935h2bfzrl8j.jpg
2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones

Comments

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    Options
    This has been SOLD!!!!
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    Bringing this thread back as I have it up for sale. I tube rolled it so the Sylvia tube it came with has not been used and will be put back and sold with the unit. I am offering the same deal he gave me. Any interest, let me know. For the ones that are not familiar with this, you can use it as a dac or a tube buffer. It is a very flexible unit and sounds darn good. Tube rolling dream especially since its 1 -tube. Makes nos easier to afford.

Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    Options
    A pretty cool piece of hardware.
  • erniejade
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    A pretty cool piece of hardware.

I have enjoyed the heck out of it. It's just time to thin the heard. I ran a Mullard and a seimens gold pin in it with amazing results. The sylvania that came with it also sounded darn good.

I still have the LKS and Boarder Patrol plus the LH Labs Vi dac so this one has been sitting for a bit. I just wanted to pass it along to someone on the form for the same great deal that was given to me.
    Listed elsewhere for $300.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • earthworm2jim
    Options
    I'm interested :)
    Just sent you a DM
    Aune T1S ->Wireworld Startlight 7USB -> Audio Refinement Complete -> Ohm Walsh 2

Pro-Ject - RM-5.1 -> Blue Point no.2 -> Vincent Pho-8

• bugsnt
    bugsnt Posts: 75
    Options
    I’m interested in giving this a try. I’ll get in line.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I'm still enjoying mine I got from Marv. Playing it with a pair of LSI9's and a B&K amp and it sounds really good.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Options
    So how tubey does this sound? I think I may need to put a tubed piece back into my rig for lesser recordings.
  • erniejade
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Sold on Facebook. Sorry guys. My mistake for not marking it sold this morning.
  • erniejade
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    So how tubey does this sound? I think I may need to put a tubed piece back into my rig for lesser recordings.

It is very sensitive to tube rolling. When i had a mullard in it. It had a nice gobby tube sound but, with the Siemens gold pin, it was fast and very articulate couldn't even tell it was a tube in there.