Is this a good idea?

Options
I'm trying to figure out how to switch between a ht set up and a 2 channel setup. Would there be any issue with me connecting the front left and right pre output from a ht receiver to a spare input on a tube preamp?

Equipment
polk sda 2b
brown audio labs tube preamp
odyssey stratos
Marantz HT Receiver

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    No, I did it that way for a while. You just need a db meter app on your phone to get the front speakers in line with the rest using the AVRs white noise test tone thingy mcjabber function due to having 2 volume knobs while in "HT mode".
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,997
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out how to switch between a ht set up and a 2 channel setup. Would there be any issue with me connecting the front left and right pre output from a ht receiver to a spare input on a tube preamp?

Equipment
    polk sda 2b
    brown audio labs tube preamp
    odyssey stratos
    Marantz HT Receiver

Set the volume on the pre at 12:00, make sure you change the input to your chosen HT input. You now control the volume with the Marantz. You might have to run the white noise just to check how the fronts sound. Maybe a slight tweak on the pre volume to get things matched up. Once you find the correct volume now you know where to set the pre volume when in HT mode.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.